Perfect Preparation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuticle: The eponychium will shed a thin, colorless layer of skin that rides on the nail plate and appears to grow from under the proximal nail fold. It is this transparent skin, which is called the 'true cuticle
Pterygium: a thin layer of tissue that grows on the top surface of the nail plate from under the cuticle area.
Eponychium is the visible part of the proximal nail fold that appears to end at the base of the nail under the cuticle, it is a water tight seal that prevents Matrix from getting infeccted.:idea:

Hi lou - Pterygium is a nail disorder. Well, really it is a skin disorder that literally means 'abnormal wing like growth of living tissue'. It can happen on the surface of the nail (dorsal), essentially extruding from the eponychium as well as under the nail (inverse), essentially extruding from the hyponychium.

It does not grow from under the cuticle or eponychium.

HTHs!

Sorry i'm getting very confussed i'm being told by a EzFlow International Master Artist that Ptrygium is the dead cells that grow up the nail plate from the Eponichium and that its not a nail disorder and that everybody has Pterygium on the Natural nail plate, i don't want to be a pain i just don't understand why evrybody is taught differently, Thanks:confused:

Thanck that a good site to bookmark

Hiya, just reading the tutorial, and was wandering at what point to apply and blend in tip, as from what I can see it say's to once you have primered or finished with scrubfresh?? but then when I blend tip and get client to wash hands to remove dust surely wouldn't this remove primer and all products that I have used to kill off any bacteria ?
I have been applying tip then using scrubfresh, primer, am I doing this the wrong way round then ??

Cheers guys :green:

Hiya, just reading the tutorial, and was wandering at what point to apply and blend in tip, as from what I can see it say's to once you have primered or finished with scrubfresh?? but then when I blend tip and get client to wash hands to remove dust surely wouldn't this remove primer and all products that I have used to kill off any bacteria ?
I have been applying tip then using scrubfresh, primer, am I doing this the wrong way round then ??

Cheers guys :green:

Scrubfresh should never come into contact with tips (makes them crack)....so prep and scrubfresh...apply tips...blend...file/shape....use a dusting brush to remove dust...then you can prime/scrubfresh the natural nail ONLY...HTH

How do you prevent liftin on your own nails.. I mean yes, technically it should be exactly the same for a client... but mine last 3 days and then lift off. I dont understand what I'm doing wrong... (oh.. and the dumb lil bubbles in gel overlays.. I dont understand that one either...)

Hi,

I have read your prep lesson and found it a great refresher. Now I always use Nailfresh before Scrubfresh on every client, should I not do this?

Thanks

Nail01

Hi,

I have read your prep lesson and found it a great refresher. Now I always use Nailfresh before Scrubfresh on every client, should I not do this?

Thanks

Nail01

It is not necessary to use both products in the normal course of events.

Helloooo GMG,
This tutorial brings me back to my college days bacause this is exactly how I learnt to prepare the nail. I really like the way you carefully and constructively included the nail disorder prevention. I always follow the procedure that I learnt at college and I have not had a client come back to me with lifting etc. This is the perfect lesson for ALL nail technicians. Thank you.

yeah that is how we learned it in my school, but great to know we are doing it right!! the only thing that is different is the cool blue and the scrub stuff. i would like to try it

do any of you use CND acid free primer along with these steps??

I have never found the need to use any kind of primer with CND monomers in over 15 years.

I think the acid free is really for those who 'feel the need' to use a primer but in effect acid free primer is a degreaser for those extra oily nail plates (that I have never seen :lol:)

hi im a new member to this site, i have just been flicking through and having a nosey, what a fabulous site it is doesnt matter how old or how long youve been doing nails in my opinion you can never have too much knowledge, help or advice, i have learned loads of different things from here its a whirlpool of information thanx

this tutorial is great, i have been having major lifting problems and all my tutor has been saying is it could be down to prep but not actually showing me the correct way (after me asking on several occasions) i have put this down to us having a big class, i will definatly try this method out and hopefully solve my problems xx

When I was at college I trained in NSI and was advised to etch the nail plate completely using the brown file which is 100 grit file ( just checked my notes and says the same ) and its not once we went ocer the nail plate we were told to rub back and fourth. Does anybody else use this method . I did think this was quite harsh to the nail so would like your thoughts as I dont want to damage nails. I use NSI Nail pure to dehydrate the nail. But have not used any other brands to see which works more effectively.

Thanks
:confused:

Hi Jimboodee....using a 100 grit on the natural nail is 100% going to cause damage....In some cases (years ago) i think it was about roughing the natural nail up with 100 grit to get your product to adhere....times have moved on...now with the development of some products (high end) its not nessesary...the products will adhere to a 240 well prepped nail....all we should be doing in prep is removing the shine....not scratching the nails.

The more grooves (scratches) you make on a nail the more of the nail plate you are removing....the more nail plate you remove the thinner the nail becomes....the thinner the nail becomes the weaker it becomes...the weaker it becomes the less your products will adhere and the more chance of infection and nail separation.

Hi Jimboodee....using a 100 grit on the natural nail is 100% going to cause damage....In some cases (years ago) i think it was about roughing the natural nail up with 100 grit to get your product to adhere....times have moved on...now with the development of some products (high end) its not nessesary...the products will adhere to a 240 well prepped nail....all we should be doing in prep is removing the shine....not scratching the nails.

The more grooves (scratches) you make on a nail the more of the nail plate you are removing....the more nail plate you remove the thinner the nail becomes....the thinner the nail becomes the weaker it becomes...the weaker it becomes the less your products will adhere and the more chance of infection and nail separation.

Thanks for your information, I only did my training last year at college and we used NSI products but thought I was quite lucky cos we had a NSI educator training us so quite shocked that we are being trained that at college... Glad i found out before I go live..... thanks :)

Latest posts

Back