Perfume allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score
Have you seen or had a perfume allergy before?

Just done a first time wax on a young lady, she was a real trooper, never had a first timer so brave and chill about it. Wanted to give her a medal at the end!

So I was showing her the afterwax lotion and she checked the back and said she can’t have it as it has perfume in. So then I was like crap well it’s all over you already I’ve already applied some. She was fine about it and said she will see how she gets on over the next few days and if it’s ok she will buy it if not has asked me to find one without perfume but I’m really worried.

Also annoyed with myself that I didnt see it on her form. I genuinely thought she had written ‘vegetables’ so figured it was just an odd answer like I get all the time.

Her legs and underarms were fine, just the usual plucked chicken spots, her bikini went quite red but then mine gets the same and I can take a week to calm down.

Am I worrying over nothing or have I really hurt this poor girl?

Ive known someone with a perfume allergy. Her skin would get red blotches, not sure if it was itchy for her but dont think it was painful. It took a few days then it settled down. I suppose it depends on the severity of the allergy, did she say what her usual reaction was to perfume?

Ive known someone with a perfume allergy. Her skin would get red blotches, not sure if it was itchy for her but dont think it was painful. It took a few days then it settled down. I suppose it depends on the severity of the allergy, did she say what her usual reaction was to perfume?

I didn’t ask I was so shocked. She said she doesn’t wear it at all but even though she was really chill about it, I suppose it must be bad if she’s avoiding anything with it in. Hopefully it will only last as long as the actual waxing after effects.

I feel for you, it's so worrying but you will have to wait and see if there is a reaction. I hate the worry, but I am a worrier too!
Hopefully she is more likely to be allergic to synthetic perfumes like limonene rather than a more natural based perfume. Does your after wax have synthetic fragrance do you know?
Will you get in touch with her later tonight or tomorrow morning to see how she is?
fingers crossed for you x

I feel for you, it's so worrying but you will have to wait and see if there is a reaction. I hate the worry, but I am a worrier too!
Hopefully she is more likely to be allergic to synthetic perfumes like limonene rather than a more natural based perfume. Does your after wax have synthetic fragrance do you know?
Will you get in touch with her later tonight or tomorrow morning to see how she is?

Yeah I’m going to message her tomorrow and see. Will update

She’s ok, even thanked me again. Have ordered her an afterwax without fragrance too so can see how she gets on.

Perfume allergy is a very insidious phenomenon that can manifest itself in anyone. One of the main reasons is intolerance of the composition of the product. I faced such a problem last year. The hard headache and redness of the application area were one of the first manifestations. Therefore, I purchase cosmetics and cologne only on DecantX Perfume and Cologne Decant Fragrance Samples for Men And Women. Btw, it would help if you understood the causes of the problem when faced with such an allergy. The main thing is not to buy fake products.

Latest posts

Back