Perm advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherbeth

Reaction score
I had a perm 4 weeks ago. It appears to be gone. I see no curl unless I scrunch and scrunch like I was doing before perm? What went wrong? Shoulder length hair white rods were used

Perms will loosen naturally but how long they last will depend on a variety of things.
Was the perm already a loose style when freshly done?
Was you hair virgin or chemically treated beforehand?

What’s your usual aftercare routine?
Products used and styling tools? Strong alkaline based products aren’t good for chemically treated hair so stick with low or sulphate free shampoos.

Usually when drying curly hair, you should just let the hair sit gently in the diffuser and not touch it at all.

Have you spoken to your hairdresser? What did they suggest?

Perms will loosen naturally but how long they last will depend on a variety of things.
Was the perm already a loose style when freshly done?
Was you hair virgin or chemically treated beforehand?

What’s your usual aftercare routine?
Products used and styling tools? Strong alkaline based products aren’t good for chemically treated hair so stick with low or sulphate free shampoos.

Usually when drying curly hair, you should just let the hair sit gently in the diffuser and not touch it at all.

Have you spoken to your hairdresser? What did they suggest?
I do have chemically treated hair. Had color 7 days after perm (ok’d by Salonist) I am using correct shampoos and use hair dryer with a defuser
I spoke to hair dresser about color cuz all of a sudden color has changed the perm I did not I do go go back dec 12 for foils

Latest posts

Back