Perm/colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robynbird

Reaction score
Hi
I dont perm but one of my ladies has had a perm on sunday and i am due to colour her hair on tuesday evening. Will it be ok to colour as normal? She'll have washed it twice since the perm and i colour with 12/0 9/0 7/3 and 8/3 (i dont put the blonde to the ends)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya
I usually would have a space of 2 weeks before a colour service after a perm.... Not sure why she has washed it twice already as usually its advised not to wash hair for at least 7 days, i could be wrong .... As for the colour a wella colour fresh or loreal dialight are probably safer.... I would check the advice sheet inside the colour u plan to use x

Hiya
I usually would have a space of 2 weeks before a colour service after a perm.... Not sure why she has washed it twice already as usually its advised not to wash hair for at least 7 days, i could be wrong .... As for the colour a wella colour fresh or loreal dialight are probably safer.... I would check the advice sheet inside the colour u plan to use x

I thought it was 24 hours but seen people on here that say straight away is ok.

I'm not sure colour fresh or dialight would compensate for the colour choices above 😉

I know you can neutralise a perm with goldwell Colorance to add colour that is lost during a perm! Not sure if loreal recommend the same with dialight.

As for the original question I'm not up on my perming skills so hopefully someone will be along shortly to tell you if they can have those shades x

I thought it was 24 hours but seen people on here that say straight away is ok.

I'm not sure colour fresh or dialight would compensate for the colour choices above 😉

I know you can neutralise a perm with goldwell Colorance to add colour that is lost during a perm! Not sure if loreal recommend the same with dialight.

As for the original question I'm not up on my perming skills so hopefully someone will be along shortly to tell you if they can have those shades x

Yeah i thought it was about 24 hours too, i'll just use 3% maybe then rather than 6% with the dark.
I think it was just a home perm her sister did cause i said i dont do them! Shes used it for years but i've never coloured it straight after for her
Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back