Perm HELP please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
hi i have a client that has 12.0 (wella) roots done every 6 week. her hair is not in too bad condition but not the best!! she wanted a perm done and i did try to put her off as tbh i have only really done perms on older clients , no one with light blonde hair!!!!!
anyway i did the perm and use a pre perm treatment b4 hand and it took really well... she is having her roots done again in 3 weeks.but is already asking when her root perm should be done..
my problem is now how the hell am i gonna perm the root without touching the mid lengths and ends????
my first thought was use conditioner as a barrier, but is there anything you could suggest?? i have heard of a gel type perm lotion but never used it, think that would be good as it would be to thick to sink through
pls help any advice would be great :irked:

hi i have a client that has 12.0 (wella) roots done every 6 week. her hair is not in too bad condition but not the best!! she wanted a perm done and i did try to put her off as tbh i have only really done perms on older clients , no one with light blonde hair!!!!!
anyway i did the perm and use a pre perm treatment b4 hand and it took really well... she is having her roots done again in 3 weeks.but is already asking when her root perm should be done..
my problem is now how the hell am i gonna perm the root without touching the mid lengths and ends????
my first thought was use conditioner as a barrier, but is there anything you could suggest?? i have heard of a gel type perm lotion but never used it, think that would be good as it would be to thick to sink through
pls help any advice would be great :irked:

Hi, heres a link Salons Direct: Root Perm Gel from Salons Direct Online. Products
I will try and find you some more :hug:

http://products.ask-schwarzkopf.net/index.php?cid=107&l=6&pid=10336&f_id=890&lid=327

hi there the second link minky posted the natural styling perm, we use this in the salon I work in and its a really good perm

Also we use a perm lotion by goldwell called evolution, it comes in a few different strengths, off the top of my head it 1, 1 soft, 2 and 2 soft, each perm lotion is different ,you use the one depending on the hair type we have a few clients that have very light blonde hair and also highlighted hair, and I know the 2 soft perm can be used on hair with up to 60% highlights and it works really well, also the 2 perm can be used on hair up to 100% coloured (full head tint). There are four bottles in each box the perm lotion, neutrailser, a little conditioning bottle for after neutralising ,and also another bottle you put on just before the neutraliser sounds confusing but maybe you could check it out and see if this may be of any use .

aw thanks alot for that, i'll have a look! did want a normal lotion really coz i am not 100% that a gel is gonna get to wear i want and only to wear i want if ya get me??? thanks again x:)

Just to let you know the goldwell evolution perms arnt gel ones so dont know if this would help hun :hug:

yep i unerstood i mean that i am not really confident to ty a gel one as i never have and dunno if they really work,,, gonna try your way
thanks alot for your help xxx:)

Ahh sorry, I know what you mean :hug:

let us know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back