Perm on short hair-advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
I have a short layered asymetric bob. I have thick wavy hair which I can get into a messy curl by scrunch drying.

I have a continuing shoulder problem & I am finding it harder & harder & painful to dry my hair.I dont like it if I leave it to dry naturally.

I used to have it permed years ago (1980's lol), but I know perms have come a long way since then. I love curls & was thinking of a perm as I can then wash & leave it to dry.

I have attatched a pic of my hair when it has been blowdried (this was in December so its quite recent).

Any advice would be appreciated as to what type of perm & what kind of curl would be best.

Attachments

• 2012-12-15 18.39.08.jpg
    2012-12-15 18.39.08.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 7,769
I have a short layered asymetric bob. I have thick wavy hair which I can get into a messy curl by scrunch drying.

I have a continuing shoulder problem & I am finding it harder & harder & painful to dry my hair.I dont like it if I leave it to dry naturally.

I used to have it permed years ago (1980's lol), but I know perms have come a long way since then. I love curls & was thinking of a perm as I can then wash & leave it to dry.

I have attatched a pic of my hair when it has been blowdried (this was in December so its quite recent).

Any advice would be appreciated as to what type of perm & what kind of curl would be best.

I would ask for a loose perm personally, and maybe even piggybacked xoxo

I would ask for a loose perm personally, and maybe even piggybacked xoxo

If I have a loose perm will I be able to wash & leave it? Also, what is piggybacked ?

piggybacked is when you start to wind one roller in a section of hair and then add another roller and wind them both together (i've sooo explained that wrong lol), it gives a nice loose natural looking curl, i've just done my friends shoulder length hair on large perm rods using this method,its came out lovely, a bit like Kimberly Walsh's hair (without her extensions) i'm really chuffed with it, we never get a chance to do a more creative modern perm at college! i'd invest in a good finishing product if you're leaving your hair to dry naturally just to add some definition to your curl, maybe something like Wella Refined Texture or Satin Polish, a wee bit goes a long way so it will last for ages xxx

Latest posts

Back