Perm prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
Had a client in this morning for a perm and a cut. She had hair just past her shoulders.
We were dreading her coming in cos she really is a moaner!
Anyway when i told her how much it was, she said 'how much?!'.
I said well you had it cut as well.
She said 'well she only took the ends off'.
She then threw the money at me and stomped off.
It was a long 3 hours.
I was wondering what your average charge is for a perm and cut. If you could pm me and let me know please.
I don't think what i charged was unreasonable but just wanted to double check!

Ours is £50 or maybe £55 I think for long hair. How much did you charge her? I would remind her that it's still a cut never mind whether it was 4mm or 4inches that was cut off! x

Ours is £50 or maybe £55 I think for long hair. How much did you charge her? I would remind her that it's still a cut never mind whether it was 4mm or 4inches that was cut off! x

Hi, that really is a very cheap price especially for long hair
as it can takes hours,

I think most clients would pay around 45 for just a short hair perm these days,

hope you dont mind me asking ,
but....
do you charge more if you use more packs of lotion on really long thick hair ?

:) minky

Yes think it's like a tenner more for an extra lotion. It's problably too cheap, don't think my boss really thought that one through! We don't do many long hair perms so I suppose thats why. Do you's do many? x

I charge from 35 inshort hair. so long hair would be about 60.... depends of the tensity, lenght and the time I estimate its going to take.

I charge from 35 inshort hair. so long hair would be about 60.... depends of the tensity, lenght and the time I estimate its going to take.

Is that including a cut?
She was in the salon for 3 hours and she was charged £65 which i don't think is unreasonable!

I think that £65 for a long hair perm and a long hair cut as well is very reasonable
for the cutting and styling of long hair
the double dose of carefully applied Lotions and nuetralizer
winding, timing, checking, rinsing nuetralising, barrier cream damp cotton wool perm curlers nuetralising again using loads of towels more cotton wool, rinsing off again conditioning drying styling checking cut over again
a good service with tea coffeee mags plus styling and drying :eek:
and some nice chit chat ,
£65 would only get you a cut and blow dry in some city salons for that price
£65 is your price Angelina ,
she made her choice when she booked it and she isn't a silly one ,
moaners never are lol x :lol:
and she still booked it ,
and why ? answer ..... because it was a very good price and she knows it :hug:

I slap a tenner on for the cut.

A salon near me charge £50 for perms plus £30 on top for cut and dry, so for a salon I think ur price is quite reasonable.

I charge £35 for perm and cut short hair, and £40 for perm and cut on long hair - not that i ever get any, and if their hair is thicker I add an additional £5 for the cost of additional perm, but I am mobile so have less expenses so can afford to be lower.

we charge £60 for short hair perm AND cut and blow all in, would be about £70-£80 for long i think. Like you say it is 3 hours of your time and equipment. Moaners are NEVER EVER satisfied, You could make her look like Beyonce and all for a tenner and she'd still moan!

Thanks everyone
She is an ex-hairdresser!
I just hope she goes somewhere else-i really could do without customers like that!
She only lives across the road from me as well-oh joy!

Angelina... if she is an wx hairdresser,then after the behaviour like that if she comes back I would maybe remind her of the rules of engagement...... Behaviour like that is unexcudable.

I charge £42 for a perm (including a CBD!) Cheap I know, but I gain more buisness from the sets and trims inbetween because I'm cheaper than town salons. If she contested the price I would simply say your more than welcome to try somewhere else! That way you ditch the moaner!

Thanks everyone
She is an ex-hairdresser!
I just hope she goes somewhere else-i really could do without customers like that!
She only lives across the road from me as well-oh joy!

I'm a hairdresser and I pay £60 just for a cut !!!

I know what you mean about moaners tho, I get really embarrassed to ask 25 for a cut and blo !

Lots of people have no idea what so ever about current prices

Latest posts

Back