Perm without root lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k50smc

Reaction score
does anyone have any advice or diagrams, or know of any websites that have information on how to do a perm without giving too much root lift?

i'm not talking about the stack technique. i want to do a hopscotch wind to give different sized curls and more movement and want to use black, grey and grey/blue.

-cant find anything on the web. only information on how to get the lift in.

thanks

What length hair are you working on? X

To be honest if it's on longer length hair, which I presume it is if your planning a hopscotch wind, you won't really get a great deal of root lift.. The weight if the length will pull any lift out quite quickly...../)

Now, I don't actually know if this is a taught technique or it's name, but you could wind two thirds of the length then add another roller to wind down the the root (so making the curl looser at the root) also take larger sections with this. You get a flatter root and more curly ends.
Pre damp with this technique but only slightly
Jojo xx

Good idea Jojo... It's called a double wind..

sorry, i meant to put that in my question. its shoulder length with long layers, asymmetric, mens hair. hasn't been cut since may. it's my own hair, my apprentice niece is perming it, i'll be having it cut by someone else after. i'm mocking it up first on a manequin. not 100% sure where we're going with it yet.

Thanks, i'll probably use a variety of winds over the head, for the result i want to achieve. its asymmetric. i'm mocking it up myself on a manequin first. I'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks.
I got a great result. We created a new parting quite low on the temple on the right, with a black then a blue, weave wound, and only 1 curl on the rod, with a long tail, (not sure what thats called). Weave wound the front section on the front in the other direction. Hopscotch on the top using black, grey and blues. To finish a weave wind of blacks around the occipital bone towards the front to blend the texture on the top to the length at the back. Cut today, delighted! This dosent make much sense, I'll post a pic soon. Thanks everyone for the advice. Spot perming is the way to go, and its quick to do, perfect on gents hair for creating the structured styles on trend at the moment.

Latest posts

Back