Permanent Clear, Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybusy!

Reaction score
Hi,
Does Wella do a permanent clear that will remove direct dye?
I'm looking to get rid of 8 inches of Crazy Colour greeny/blue in blonde hair!

Hi there, can I ask what kind of result it is the client is trying to acheive? Are you just wanting to take her back to blonde?

If blonde I would do a gentle colour cleanse using clarifying shampoo + 1scoop bleach+ 20 vols on clean damp hair , dry then check result. If the green is still visible I would then use something warm to neutrealise the affected area

Don't be touching it with bleach unless it really is necessary. You have more options:

1. Kp innosense have a clear i think.

2. 10/0 with 0/45

3. /00 and /44 in colour touch relights.

All three would be effective but there's no need for a harsh bleach.

Sorry for the miss advice there! I have never known that a clear gloss would have the power to do that, so I too have learnt something new from this thread, thank you cams [emoji4]

Sorry for the miss advice there! I have never known that a clear gloss would have the power to do that, so I too have learnt something new from this thread, thank you cams [emoji4]

No problem... If we can stay away from bleach and use low developers then lets do it!

This site is for learning[emoji16][emoji4]

[emoji1]so can I ask how does the clear do that? This information could have saved me so much time on my past 2 colour corrections. Definitely I agree, the less compromised the hair the better [emoji4] thank you

Wow I didn't know this either!!

I know, amazing!!!

[emoji1]so can I ask how does the clear do that? This information could have saved me so much time on my past 2 colour corrections. Definitely I agree, the less compromised the hair the better [emoji4] thank you

Its due to the ammonia it causes the direct dye pigment to slide out when you use clear.

The 10/0 with red and colour touch relights are neutralising.

Sorry if I sound thick but would this lift normal tint as well even just a shade?

Sorry if I sound thick but would this lift normal tint as well even just a shade?

Never tried it.

As far as I know its only direct dyes.

I think that maybe it could. Our rep has just brought us in the new loreal lifting gel - to be used for balayage - to try. It is said to work on tinted hair aswell , lifts 2-3 levels.maybe a similar concept?

I think that maybe it could. Our rep has just brought us in the new loreal lifting gel - to be used for balayage - to try. It is said to work on tinted hair aswell , lifts 2-3 levels.maybe a similar concept?
Funny, my rep said you must not use it on coloured hair?!

Oh right I don't know!! Just what I was told by the sales rep - i haven't used it as we are exclusive aveda so we aren't to use anything else. He just brings us stuff to try now and again on each other. Seems we all get told different things,I'll have a look into it xx

Thanks cams97 I will have a look in Sallys for the KP Innosense clear.
I haven't used the Innosense range yet.
I also read that using bleach can just drive direct dye further into the hair so didn't want to use that method for that reason as well as
unnecessary extra damage.
Client wants red to purple ombre so need the green gone first!

I've successfully tried to lift dark built up from lengths while retouching roots.
Client always had a 5/0 on her hair but wanted 6/34. I mixed both and retouched her and applied 10/0 with 40 vol on her lengths. Next time I retouched with 6/34 and did the same. It went pretty perfectly even. Just now her ends faded as the high ammonia lifted her cuticles so much but she loves it as it looks like balayage :)
I guess it is an easier way but not much better than cleanse with bleach or Efassor

I've successfully tried to lift dark built up from lengths while retouching roots.
Client always had a 5/0 on her hair but wanted 6/34. I mixed both and retouched her and applied 10/0 with 40 vol on her lengths. Next time I retouched with 6/34 and did the same. It went pretty perfectly even. Just now her ends faded as the high ammonia lifted her cuticles so much but she loves it as it looks like balayage :)
I guess it is an easier way but not much better than cleanse with bleach or Efassor

I use 10/0 and 12% for removing bands all the time. And for soft highlights on coloured hair!

I use 10/0 and 12% for removing bands all the time. And for soft highlights on coloured hair!

I did something similar 10/0 + 9% (was too scared to use 12%! ) on previously coloured hair, it came out lovely. Nice & soft like you say.

Latest posts

Back