Permanent colour not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
I have a client who had Majirel level 8.0 full head colour. She is a level 7 naturally with 100% grey regrowth. Before this she had bleach highlights with level 8 in between but wanted to lose the bleach altogether. I pre-pigged first and then covered with target shade 8.0 and 20vol. She said after 2 weeks the colour had washed out. Never had this happen before. I asked her to come in so I could take a look and it was more of a level 9/10. Any ideas on why this may have happened???? Tia

I have a client who had Majirel level 8.0 full head colour. She is a level 7 naturally with 100% grey regrowth. Before this she had bleach highlights with level 8 in between but wanted to lose the bleach altogether. I pre-pigged first and then covered with target shade 8.0 and 20vol. She said after 2 weeks the colour had washed out. Never had this happen before. I asked her to come in so I could take a look and it was more of a level 9/10. Any ideas on why this may have happened???? Tia
You used permanent colour with 6% on prelightened hair to deposit colour? That's why it's faded so quickly, you ovenwd the cuticle and its lifting rather than just depositing. You need a demi /quasi colour in the desired shade, or reduce your developer to 3% or less.

Maybe it's the porosity of her hair or has she been out in the sun which would lighten it ?

Maybe it's the porosity of her hair or has she been out in the sun which would lighten it ?

Yes she went abroad but I was surprised at how light it was.

If she as my client then I would strongly suggest that this was likely to be the cause x

You used permanent colour with 6% on prelightened hair to deposit colour? That's why it's faded so quickly, you ovenwd the cuticle and its lifting rather than just depositing. You need a demi /quasi colour in the desired shade, or reduce your developer to 3% or less.

Will do it again with majirel on the root with 20 vol and then dia richesse 8 with 9 or 6 vol. thanx

Shampoo and conditioner?

Latest posts

Back