permanent eyelashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginger

Reaction score
hi geeks

just wondered if any of you offer the new craze of permanent eyelashes? if so are they proving popular?

many thanks

ginger xx:rolleyes:

Hi,

Are you talking about the Jinny Lash Extensions ?

River

Hi:)

They're classed as semi-permanent and yep I offer them and yep I'm busy!

I've been offering them for nearly a year now.

i have seen and heard of the permanent ones which last upto 90 days and are quite expensive to have put on then need maintaining, very much like natural hair extensions, hope this helps xx

Heh heh:)

That's the reason they're classed as semi-permanent....because your own lash cycle runs over 90 days there's no way they can be classed as permanent.

A set will last you two months (60 days) tops, as the lashes grow inside your eyelid for up to 30 days and then they have to be of a decent length to put an eyelash extension on.

my friend did some on me just over a week ago and loads have come off, but i dont think it wasa prob with the lashes, just that she has only just learned.

jac extreme said:
my friend did some on me just over a week ago and loads have come off, but i dont think it wasa prob with the lashes, just that she has only just learned.

Yeah, you're right jac, when I had just trained I did my friend's lashes and told her they'd last a couple of weeks and she came back to me a week later with what looked like about three spider's legs on each eye:o

Luckily I practised lots and got much better before my first paying clients!

where did you do your training? i have looked around but it is very expensive training and then a very expensive kit, i dont mind paying if i know that it will be worth it, decisions decisions!!!!

I recently trained in eyelash extensions with I-Lash, (after agonising over whether to do it or not as it was a lot of money) The kit and training was £500 ish, (sorry cant remember exactly). The trainer came out to me to train me, which was great as you didnt have the added drama of travelling. The kit was very comprehensive. They were great. I have just done my 4 case studies that you have to complete, and have gained lots of confidence doing these. I think it will pay off when I am up and running as I plan to advertise within the bridal circuit as my cousin is a wedding dress maker, and her sister a wedding hair expert! My advice would be look into it fully and work out if you are going to be able to make your money back in your area ect. HTH

thank you i shall have a good look in to it, many thanks kate xx

Interesting thread, didn't think there was such a demand for these. Can I ask you where you advertise this Amy in order to get clients? Many thanks xx

When I first started offering eyelash extensions, I advertised in local newpapers and glossies. I did a few leaflet drops (myself) also.

Now I rely on the amount of clients that are coming into the salon and noticing we do them, as well as word of mouth.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back