Permanent make up photos - a thank you to my models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thay look fab, great job,:),, i would love to have my eyebrows done,,
were you nervous when you were just starting?,, this is some thing i personally would love to train in maybe sometime in the future as im still on maternity leave and loving every minute of it with my georgous baby boy:D

:green: .... you ladies sure know how to make someone feel good about themselves!.... :Grope: Seriously though, thank you all for your lovely messages... the start of any new venture can be daunting enough so it is really lovely to hear words of support and to feel that you're doing good (cough, cough... money is in the post! :lol: )

crashell: I wasn't particularly nervous when starting as I have done freelance body tattoos/ hennas and most of my artwork is line-work using pens... so I was already accustomed to holding/ working with pens. Also, I do glass blowing with engraving so used to holding 'heavy type' pens (though I'm sure guys would not think of dremmel drills as 'pens'! LOL) Obviously, there is more to permanent make up than just holding pens... but I personally feel if you can get use to the feel and weight of pens then it helps a lot in creating and ensuring you have good lines. The rest is obviously understanding colour and having the confidence to go with your instincts of what looks good and what doesn't (something I'm sure all you geeks know a lot about) whilst at the same time listening to what your clients wants... after all its her that has to live with it. The training courses are invaluable for learning and hearing other people's experiences (good and bad)... however, you will need to be very serious about undertaking it as it can amount to a lot of costs before you earn anything... but like most things in life... you see it through and something good will eventually come out of it. Wish you well in what you choose to do and a big Congratulations on your new baby! xx

Hi there, GREAT JOB!! I've been doing perm makeup for @ 2yrs now.... what pigments are you using???? I enjoy this very much, A component to the "ultimate" make over....

Fab pics. Rly jealous now, I'd love my eyes done. When you do eyeliner can you only do a thin natural line or can you do them more dramatic? I wear quite heavy eyeliner with flicks, I'd love to wake up with that in place!

nokidan: Apologies for the late reply... have only read your reply now. I use Nouveau Contour and Biotouch pigments - depends on the colour I'm wishing to achieve really.

nicjill: Thank you. The eye photos are actually lash enhancements (which is a very fine eye liner look to achieve the look of fuller and darker lashes). Eye liner treatments are available with a slight kick at the ends which resemble the 'Latino' eye liner look. However, if you are seeking something a lot more intense and drastic then I would suggest you apply your usual make up product to achieve this... permanent cosmetic is more about a natural look/ enhancement and in my mind is not something to replace 'evening make up' look.

Hiya

FANTASTIC WORK!!
They look great, i hope you don't mind a few questions

How did you find the training? was it Nouveau?
How much training have you done so far?
What pigments/digi machine do you use?

Do you have a website?

Keep up the fab work..and welcome to PMU world:hug:

Jennyxx

Harley Street Trained Consultant
Permanent Cosmetics
Permanent Hair Reduction and Skin rejuvention Clinics
Warwickshire and West midlands
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Thanks Jenny...
Yes, trained with Nouveau (I use 2 machines - one being their Intelligent) have finished my case studies (at last!) Found the training and cosmetic procedures very, very interesting. Brows and eyes appear to have a very good success rate overall after 1st application.

Lips on the other hand, mixed results... with only about 30% colour retention after 1st application... worse being even less than that :eek: (judging by my last lip model - though she did send me the photo 4 days after the procedure, need to wait for at least 7 days before you can see exactly how much colour is retained). The lip photos on this thread have actually lost about 70% of colour - the healed photo is what you see now, but it was sooooo much darker just after treatment!

Obviously permanent make up requires more than 1 application... which is ok if the treatment area is not very painful.. however, most if not all of my models seem to find the lip area particularly painful. So its not surprising that a lot are hesitant about the lip retouch (2nd application) - especially if the 1st application yielded not so good a results. Of course, I'm sure a lot is down to the skill of the technician and how the individual heals as well.

Overall, I found my models really accommodating and helpful... which is great when you are experimenting and learning - that is why I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to them. :hug: I hope to do more training next year (paramedical) and will probably train with another company - just to get a broader perspective on technique and application... all the companies are great in one way or another... its down to you and what you learn from it. :green:

I am currently designing my cosmetic website so hopefully should be up and running in a couple of weeks (I do have an Art site if anyone is interested - message me if you want to see rather than me blatantly advertise on here! :lol: ).

I want to see your website Zheut!

Hi Cherrylips

Well done you and keep up the great work, it's hard when you first start getting the right balance of colour when doing your first few lips, if your anything like me when i started out it's all about caution and not OTT. After a while you get a little more daring and go that shade or 2 darker to allow for fade etc.

The eyeliner is my strenght..i have to say i love that procedure and clients are thrilled with the results. I never draw the eyeliner i do them all free hand, it's hard to get the same results with ink and needle as it is with a pecil.

Brows were my weakest link when i frist got started, i soon got the hang of those and love love love the results...the best brows are for those who have very little brow or have no brow at all..clients who have lots of hair just need a good old pluck re-shape and maybe a little dab of ink for strengh.

Lips are tricky, yes they do hurt and can make the client fell quite sore during and after.
I have a couple of techniques to help with that and a little added extra comfort with topical numbing creams.
But the most yummy nummy for lips is a mild dental block from your local dentist. WOW:green:what a fantastic comfortable painfree and enjoyable treatment it is then.
Check out your local dentist and ask if they would back you on this, I pay the dentist a commision for allowing me to use one of his rooms to complete my lip procedure, this also allows the dentist to keep a firm eye on the client after numb.
The very best of luck
Keep in touch

Jenny

P.S// i would love to see your art work and website

Hi Jenny... my apologies for the late reply - I tend to check this board sporadically as my other businesses (Art & Fetish photography) take up the rest of my time. Besides, I love my bed too much (....for sleeping you cheeky gals! :wink2: )

It was suggested during training that we should collaborate with dentists for lip treatments... in fact, the clinic I rent in MK has a dental practice and colonic irrigation clinic underneath (all your orifices covered! :lol:)... might have to mosey down and have a quick chat when I'm down there next. It would certainly give the clients a peace of mind regarding the pain.

Like you I absolutely adore eye enhancements/ liner treatments (freehand)... probably because I can't live without my eye liner (a treatment I've had on myself before even starting the training), therefore, I was used to drawing and working around that area and didn't feel squeamish.

Brows, I love now... at first I was apprehensive because you tend not to want to deviate from what you've been taught... and its such an obvious and prominent area (not to say the eyes and lips are not... just that it seems to set the face.... the alignment for eyes and overall face shape (for those more experienced please correct me if I'm wrong). Now, I look at the face and eyes and determine the shape of the brows rather than 'consult the manual' so to speak.

As for the lips... I think the lip liner with blush is great for creating a 'lip stain' - fantastic for ladies whose lips have progressively gone pale over the years and for defining the actual shape. However, I'm not so sure about offering the full lip colour... unless the ladies are aware that its supposed to be more of stain instead of a glossy lipstick effect look which some of my friends thought. In fact, I thought the very same thing when I started the training (and even when doing the first couple of lip treatments... duh! LOL :green: )

Overall, I really do love this work... sounds cliché I know. The best bit is when you see some of the ladies walk around with a little bounce in their step because they have in some way reconciled with that 'I feel ugly this morning' thought. When I used to work in mental health I was used to dealing with people's cognitive processes and trying to understand and help them alter this perception from within. Now... I feel like I'm working on the outside to help what's in the inside... coming round in a full circle with a 'touch of colour'. :hug: xx

Those pics look fab. The only permanent make up I´ve seen done has looked really false but you´ve done a great job there. :)

they look fab hun....well done xxx

Latest posts

Back