permanent pink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs69

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've recently had a client wants to have permanent pink and purple flashes of colour, at the mo I bleach it up then apply crazy colour cyclamen for the pink and violette for the purple. I've said that it can't be permanent............... but there must be a way somehow?????
has anyone got any suggestions please?
thanx

theres no way to make pink permanent really, although applying wella 30ml 55/65+ 3cm 0/81 creates a nice purple/pink colour and it does last quite long as its out of the intense range
hth

i did'nt think you could, i'll find a guinnea pig and try your recipe out, i presume I'll need to use it over pre-lightened ?
thanx bab x

it will give a more vibrant result on prelightened hair but wil maybe wash out quicker, althoug i do think this mix will stay in a lot longer. i used it on a base of 6 and just with 6% and it defo showed although not as vibrant as on prelightened
x

Hi , Loreal do maji contrast which is a permanent hair colour in a wicked hot magenta pink,
this is used for off the scalp applications and partial foil techniques

you only use 6% peroxide with it on natural dark or any dyed dark hair
it is very pigmented and is designed to lift colour and deposit with just 6% in one go ,
just follow the pack instructions.

The only thing about pink hair and red and purple hair although the above colour will last well ,
they will always have some fade

pinks and reds and purples have a bigger molecular structure and don't penetrate inside the hair very well ,
therefore they will always wash out easier than other colours.

So until the scientists come up with something new
we will always need to refresh these type of colours , hth

here is another pink link to take a look at :hug:

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/58476-i-want-pink-tint-my-hair.html?highlight=reds+pink+hair

This is technically semi-permanent, but if the hair is bleached to a light yellow (almost white if possible without damaging the hair too much), Atomic Pink by Special Effects is almost impossible to get rid of. I have pink hair right now, and when I bleach the roots, any pink that gets bleached just turns baby pink. It does fade, but it only really needs touched up every month or two (depending on how bad roots get).

thanx a lot guys,
i tried today rvmax goldwell on top of bleach and that came out quite pinky i did it on myself so i'll c how long it lasts !!!

Elumen bright pink cant think who makes it, Goldwell?
Anyway the only way to get rid was to put a 3.0 over the top nightmare!!

i have on my hair maji contrast in majenta red that comes out a lovely vibrant deep pink colour used with 20vol /6%
only have 2 small flahes of it but it blends in lovely my natural base is between 6 and 7 but the colour i have over it is one by majirel off the top of my head i think its 5.15 but not sure ;)

Elumen bright pink cant think who makes it, Goldwell?
Anyway the only way to get rid was to put a 3.0 over the top nightmare!!
i had the goldwell elumen pink put in on valntines day after having my hair pre bleached (valentines present from my bloke), it faded really quickly the only part that stayed bright was my roots, shame because its a really lovely colour.
i've since started going somewhere else and have been using affinagen color dynamics pink but this is also fading really quickly at the ends too, they sold me a tube to use at home every few weeks to brighten it up.
maybe my hairs too long? would love to find a way to make it permanent (i'm clueless about hair!):confused:

i have bright purple in my hair at the moment (goldwell ellumen). they have such a fab range of colours and because they 'lock' into your hair they're not supposed to fade until you 'unlock' them. my hair is notoriously difficult to colour/hold it - most things come out reddish and then fade quickly.

the purple came out exactly the colour i wanted but did fade slightly to a more pinky colour, although stayed bright on the ends. i've just had it done again after 5 weeks and is back vibrant again - apparently it takes 2 or 3 goes to properly take to your hair so will see how quickly it fades if at all this time! (they also do a bright, almost luminous, pink)

hth xx

thats the colour i had put in first (the goldwell elumen), i didn't know it takes a few times to lock in, i've been using a color safe shampoo and conditioner but it faded really quickly, after 2 weeks the bottom of my hair was baby pink/orangey. if i'd have known that i woul've kept going back to the first salon.

thats the colour i had put in first (the goldwell elumen), i didn't know it takes a few times to lock in, i've been using a color safe shampoo and conditioner but it faded really quickly, after 2 weeks the bottom of my hair was baby pink/orangey. if i'd have known that i woul've kept going back to the first salon.

yeh, that's what they told me - also i think it depends on your hair to start with. (i'm not a hairdresser, this is just what they told me at work!!) i think because my hair was more pourous at the ends it took better - also depends how light your hair is to start with. the sections i have purple i already had a caramely colour before we went over with purple.

in reply to your problem with permanant pink hair could your client be pursuaded to have coloured extention fitted. this seems t be a solution, the colour will not fade and there will be less damaged to the hair than there would be by bleaching and colouring it. it wont hurt to ask you never know she/he may be up for it! let us know how u get on.

Latest posts

Back