Permed hair gone straight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupcakes

Reaction score
I done a long hair perm about 2 months ago, all fine, she comes in about every week for a hair do of some sort, curls still lovely, she came in last Saturday another stylist curled it with straighteners then put it up, she has come back this week and the left side is now straight and also the ends through the back, any idea what has caused this?

Did it take properly when done? Neutralised sufficiently ? X

It took lovely 2 months ago, she comes in every week since and no problem, don't usually curl it with straighteners though, she had a hair piece to put in so it was more natural, she has broke her shoulder in the last 2 weeks so I thought pain killers but she says she hasn't taken anything, I trimmed it today and seemed a bit better but still the curl is not as firm as it was before curling with straighteners, how would this happen?

I cant see as how ONE go with the irons would suddenly cause the perm to drop....
Is the cut too weighty? Does she need more texture to make it bouce back up? Is she using correct aftercare?
xx

it is really weird, she came in on saturday and had it curled with straighteners then put up, came back tuesday for a blowdry and said it had gone straight in places, which it had but we put it down to that she hadnt washed it since saturday (as broken shoulder cant) came back saturday and the left hand side had got straight sections and also the bottom 2 inches, so trimmed it and it bounced back when diffused but had to work on it, did wonder if medication for broken shoulder but she said not on any, shes got quite fine hair with layers so not too heavy, maybe cause she's down about shoulder as normally very active and independant. Health does funny things to hair!

Did she have an operation? Anasthetics can make perms drop.....

So... She's come back, hair still got straight sections and no 'oomph' I asked her how she was in herself, and she said 'not too bad now but it was a big shock' so this is what I've put it down too, however she wants another perm, I've said best not as hair doesn't feel up to it, have booked her in for treatments but looking for a shampoo to retail to her, fine hair, good condition but 'stressed' don't want anything heavy

Latest posts

Back