Perming advice needed, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netts

Reaction score
Hi, i have a new client that wants a perm, i haven't done one for many years!! She told me that she has not coloured her hair for over a year and has grown it all out but since then she has had a perm, approx 6-8 months ago and it is now only on ends, should i therefor use a solution for natural hair or one for coloured hair in case there is some left on the ends i cant see? She has it trimmed regularily.

Hi, i have a new client that wants a perm, i haven't done one for many years!! She told me that she has not coloured her hair for over a year and has grown it all out but since then she has had a perm, approx 6-8 months ago and it is now only on ends, should i therefor use a solution for natural hair or one for coloured hair in case there is some left on the ends i cant see? She has it trimmed regularily.

wont you be cutting the ends off after the perm incase of fish hooks? if so then i would use for natural hair.:)

Do a incompatibility test first if you are worried if there is any colour remaining. If the test is negative I would go in with a normal perm solution .

Thanks guys, I will be cutting ends off but am gonna do incompatibility test anyway but thanks for advice

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using SalonGeek mobile app

wont you be cutting the ends off after the perm incase of fish hooks? if so then i would use for natural hair.:)

With all due respect, this is very bad practice. If wound correctly, you shouldn't get fish hooks! Also, cutting after looses the firmness of the curl.

With regards to which lotion, have you time to do a test curl? If not, I'd use the one for natural and check every 5 mins
Jojo x

With all due respect, this is very bad practice. If wound correctly, you shouldn't get fish hooks! Also, cutting after looses the firmness of the curl.

With regards to which lotion, have you time to do a test curl? If not, I'd use the one for natural and check every 5 mins
Jojo x

I was going to say the same about the fish hooks. I have never needed to cut after.

Completely agree! I ALWAYS cut first. Haven't had a fish hook on one of my perm's since my training days x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back