Perming short/men's hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
anyone done this before? I've got a client who wants a perm and his hair is about 2 inches long..
what direction would I put the rods in? would it be too fiddly to even attempt?

Do a brick wind pattern, you will need small rods for hair that length though, may need to use a hair net when rinsing to stop rods falling out! hope I get asked to do a men's perm soon, I love perming but last one I did was years ago! We used to do quite a lot of men's perms in the early ninetys! (showing my age!)

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I never have set ways perm,.. I ask how they normally wear their hair,..
If they have a side parting I will laya couple of the rods in that direction - the back always brick weave.

I find if I perm a set way different to how the client wears it, it will go frizzy and uncontrollable, perm the way their hsir goes

If that made sense lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you perming the full head or just a section? What result do you want? I agree with KHS , directional is usually best on a guy...

it's short back and sides and long on top so just the top. wants it curly/wavy.. so just go in the direction it sits?

it's short back and sides and long on top so just the top. wants it curly/wavy.. so just go in the direction it sits?

I'd directional wind in the direction he wants to wear it.. I'd imagine reds or red/blues would be the largest you'd get a curl from at that length...

If he doesn't want it all going back, as it is too short for a definite parting with curls, roll the forehead rod forwards, if he just wants mass of curls, brick weave it or a certain way, direction it

As we've said, find out how her wears it first, because you don't want to send him out looking like a frizzy Hilda Ogden :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Directional wind.

I personally think the curl would be nicer if the hair is around an inch longer. When perming shorter hair, it appears more Afro-like than a defined, natural looking curl.

Latest posts

Back