Peroxide- My hair is a mess

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgirlred03

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Can anyone recommend a decent treatment to remedy the below problem- also that can be bought non trade?

My hairdresser recently convinced me to try a new dye for my blonde highlights saying it will life my hair 3 times lighter than the usual stuff she mentioned it had peroxide in but I didnt need to worry as it contained an oil which would condition the hair.

Anyway I love the colour but my hair is totally unmanageable- its thick difficult to brush and the only way I can describe it is if I had reapeadtly hairsprayed my head and brushed it out- like a rough thick texture.

I know its probably my fault for agreeing and I dont blame my hairdresser she always does a fab job but now my hair is lank and frizzy and the ends are split beyond belief. In the past my blonde highlights have always been shiny, soft and have caused no damage to my hair- what should I do? :cry:

my friend had this problem u could try using OSMO its great stuff my friend used it maybe your stlylist can get u some try it but it good stuff she would recomend it hope this helps .it only aval;from salon services or capital not sre if any others do it .

do you mean bleach?? peroxide is in every colour you use...

mines exactly the same, theres not really a lot you could do, maybe use a henna wax treatment but kinda once the damage is done...thats it!

Try Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde recontructive conditioner and leave it on for at least 10 mins. You can find it on ebay. If that does not help then there is a product in the USA which has rave reviews called Thriven but it is expensive (not used it just seen the reviews). Google Killer Strands for details.

do you mean bleach?? peroxide is in every colour you use...

mines exactly the same, theres not really a lot you could do, maybe use a henna wax treatment but kinda once the damage is done...thats it!

Peroxide is used in every tint or quasi colour,if you have been having your hair lightened i am in no doubt whatsoever you have been having it tinted and therefore had peroxide on your hair every time it has been coloured.

A new product you say,well certainly a strand test should have been done and also an elasticity test.This damage could have been caused by incomaptible products or over processing,either way it can be repaired it a certain extent.

Kpak is a restructant and will help to repair the damage,it's a pro product,i recomend the shampoo,conditioner and treatment,you will find it in salons reatailing Joico products hth's

Kpak is a restructant and will help to repair the damage,it's a pro product,i recomend the shampoo,conditioner and treatment,you will find it in salons reatailing Joico products hth's
this is what was recommended to me (on here)as i have hair lightened using bleach , and k - pac is brilliant...just make sure you get your ends trimmed reg and using this your hair should look and feel good...mine does and my hair has been lightened with bleach for over 2 years

Yes your all right it was bleach that was my 'new' hair dye sorry for thinking it was peroxide oops!, all these comments are fab, im gonna take your advice and look in to the products mentioned.

However the moral of the storey for me anyway is to stick with the kinder stuff and just put up with the less blonde colour! Hopefully I'll be able to resore my hair to a similar pre dye state in the near future!

Thanks Guys your all amazing!

as your hairdresser talked you into the new product i would go back to her and tell her your concerns and she may then give you a deep conditioning treatment to start your hair back on the road to recovery

Latest posts

Back