Peroxide strength?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can I use 12% peroxide to lift1 base shade

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sjp-183

Reaction score
Can I use 12% peroxide to lift1 base shade

Yes I am. I work as a barber but qualified many years ago, after visiting your site I find things have changed very much and high 12% peroxide isn’t used as much. I should have asked ‘will 6% lift a base shade 6 to a 7. I am removing colour from the lengths and ends but my client has around 2 inch root.

It probably makes sense to you but it’s such a vague question on its own.
Presumably you’re not planning to apply neat 6%, so what’s your plan and what do you want to achieve?
Are you lifting virgin level 6 at the roots to match a level 7 coloured ends? If so, are you using tint or bleach?

It probably makes sense to you but it’s such a vague question on its own.
Presumably you’re not planning to apply neat 6%, so what’s your plan and what do you want to achieve?
Are you lifting virgin level 6 at the roots to match a level 7 coloured ends? If so, are you using tint or bleach?
My client has koleston 55/66 on lengths and ends and wants to change to koleston 7/3. My plan is to pre lighten lots of streaks through a cap. Remove cap , dry hair and apply 7/3 to roots and ends, obviously there is no colour on the root. Thank you

Visualising the end result she will be a faded red/ violet with golden highlights probably more orange on the ends and natural on the root- is that the look she wants?

Visualising the end result she will be a faded red/ violet with golden highlights probably more orange on the ends and natural on the root- is that the look she wants?
Her colours are always pretty ‘out there’ But i wouldn’t like to put my name to an orange look. I was hoping for something a lot lighter and a little more neutral. She picked 7/3. The purples are quite difficult to remove and I’m not fond of strippers. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it.

I would be removing the purple first before I highlight

This is a colour correction, you need to remove the purple before you can think of your next step. If you highlight without removing the purple you will have streaks of all different colours going through

Thank you. In the past I have used stripper, Eraser, and a 6% peroxide and bleach and conditioner. Any recommendations? The client has healthy hair.

I use colour reducers because they're much more gentle on the hair. I think there's a thread on here explaining how they work

I use colour reducers because they're much more gentle on the hair. I think there's a thread on here explaining how they work

I read about them. Do have any recommendations which are good it which to avoid please?

They're all pretty much of a much I find, I used the goldwell one last time I think?

Latest posts

Back