Perron Rigot problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
Hi there

I know there are similar threads and I have been through them countless times, Ive spoke to Thalgo twice & they have sent me details through the post but I am still having a nightmare with my wax and Cirepil heater.

I am trained in waxing & did Kims training in May using Euroblonde & Cristal Ocean- both of which I got on fine with & enjoyed using, she has the Hive heaters I believe, and my problems seem to be with my Cirepil digital heater. I have tried Cristal Ocean, Euroblonde and the Pina Colada wax in it but I cant seem to get any of them to the right temperature to work properly. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me as this is driving me gaga!

I have tried them all numerous times, but after a particularly horrific experience (thankfully on a friend!) I haven't got the guts to try it on a client! The wax doesn't seem to get hot enough to spread properly and when pulling off the strip most hairs are left in place. I have never had this problem with my old wax which was Ellisons own brand.

Tonight I opened a new tin of Cristal Ocean and put it on (with the lid on) at 69 but after 2 hours it was still thicker than a tin of treacle. I set it to 85 (the highest setting) and used the fast heat mode and it did go nice & runny after about 20 minutes and I managed to wax my forearms with it, with all of the hairs coming out but I was worried it would be too hot for a client. I tried it on 69 and them 75 but it was still too thick to work with so it had to go back up to 85. Tried to wax my legs but most of the hairs didn't come out! They were short, but at a length I would have expected to come out- the Ellisons wax removed them first try.

Is this normal? its the highest setting & everything I have from PR says it should work at 69 degrees. I'm getting to the point where I really think the heater is broken as nothing other than 85 melts the wax, and even then it doesn't actually take the hairs out. Its the same story with the Pina Colada wax. Melted at 85 (nothing lower worked) but its still not taking out leg hairs I would expect it too.

I know its trial and error, but nothing lower than 85 melts, and without the fast setting its taking over 2 hours to melt a full pot, is that right? it cant be surely! I'm going to buy a jam thermometer tomorrow to try and get an accurate reading of how hot the wax actually is but I am very disheartened lol! Sorry for the long post, I'm just desperate get to the bottom problem as I love the waxes. Any advice or ideas is much appreciated,

Michelle xxx

Hi there

I know there are similar threads and I have been through them countless times, Ive spoke to Thalgo twice & they have sent me details through the post but I am still having a nightmare with my wax and Cirepil heater.

I am trained in waxing & did Kims training in May using Euroblonde & Cristal Ocean- both of which I got on fine with & enjoyed using, she has the Hive heaters I believe, and my problems seem to be with my Cirepil digital heater. I have tried Cristal Ocean, Euroblonde and the Pina Colada wax in it but I cant seem to get any of them to the right temperature to work properly. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me as this is driving me gaga!

I have tried them all numerous times, but after a particularly horrific experience (thankfully on a friend!) I haven't got the guts to try it on a client! The wax doesn't seem to get hot enough to spread properly and when pulling off the strip most hairs are left in place. I have never had this problem with my old wax which was Ellisons own brand.

Tonight I opened a new tin of Cristal Ocean and put it on (with the lid on) at 69 but after 2 hours it was still thicker than a tin of treacle. I set it to 85 (the highest setting) and used the fast heat mode and it did go nice & runny after about 20 minutes and I managed to wax my forearms with it, with all of the hairs coming out but I was worried it would be too hot for a client. I tried it on 69 and them 75 but it was still too thick to work with so it had to go back up to 85. Tried to wax my legs but most of the hairs didn't come out! They were short, but at a length I would have expected to come out- the Ellisons wax removed them first try.

Is this normal? its the highest setting & everything I have from PR says it should work at 69 degrees. I'm getting to the point where I really think the heater is broken as nothing other than 85 melts the wax, and even then it doesn't actually take the hairs out. Its the same story with the Pina Colada wax. Melted at 85 (nothing lower worked) but its still not taking out leg hairs I would expect it too.

I know its trial and error, but nothing lower than 85 melts, and without the fast setting its taking over 2 hours to melt a full pot, is that right? it cant be surely! I'm going to buy a jam thermometer tomorrow to try and get an accurate reading of how hot the wax actually is but I am very disheartened lol! Sorry for the long post, I'm just desperate get to the bottom problem as I love the waxes. Any advice or ideas is much appreciated,

Michelle xxx

Hi Michelle

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems with your wax temperature control.

I also use these PR digital wax heaters for my own use and also for training and when I use strip wax at around 70 and it's perfectly thin and easy to apply, euroblonde at around 63/64. It sounds like an issue with your wax heater temperature control and if you can either contact Thalgo or PM me your contact details they can sort it out for you.

HTH Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks so much for your reply! I wanted to check I wasn't missing something painfully obvious but the longer I play about with the waxes the more I'm sure the heaters broken. Just out of curiosity, do you have the UK plug adapters with your ones? I was told that as they were a French company all the heaters have French plugs, but I just wondered if there was a way of getting a UK one? (not that it matters, just curious lol)

I will give Thalgo a call tomorrow as they have been really helpful in the past so hopefully we can get it sorted. Thanks again, I will let you know how I get on.
Michelle xx

Hi Jack,

Thanks so much for your reply! I wanted to check I wasn't missing something painfully obvious but the longer I play about with the waxes the more I'm sure the heaters broken. Just out of curiosity, do you have the UK plug adapters with your ones? I was told that as they were a French company all the heaters have French plugs, but I just wondered if there was a way of getting a UK one? (not that it matters, just curious lol)

I will give Thalgo a call tomorrow as they have been really helpful in the past so hopefully we can get it sorted. Thanks again, I will let you know how I get on.
Michelle xx

Hi Michelle

I have a mixture of some with and some without the adapter and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

i have already sent an email so I'm sure they will sort it out tomorrow when you call them.

Good luck

Jack x

Your a star! Thanks so much :) xx

Do you have the heaters plugged directly into the socket? I think it makes a difference if you have multiple appliances on an extension lead.

No, always plugged straight into a single/ double socket with no extension leads. I've tried it in different sockets too (salon, old home & new home)
Hopefully we will get it sorted tomorrow, after smelling the Pina Colada again I have a renewed love for it lol xx

Hi Michelle,

So sorry to hear you're having problems with the digital wax heater - if you contact our Customer Services team on 020 7512 0872 we'll look into that for you straight away.

Perron Rigot UK

Hi guys, thanks for all your help :)

Just an update, I spoke to Perron Rigot this morning and they are picking up the faulty one this week & are sending me a new one. Thanks for sending the email Jack, it obviously helped as everything was sorted in under 5 mins! Fab customer service from the lass I spoke to & I'm really excited to get my hands on the new one as my zest for waxing has been returned.
I think I just needed to hear it wasn't me being a twit haha!

Thanks again
Michelle xx

Hi guys, thanks for all your help :)

Just an update, I spoke to Perron Rigot this morning and they are picking up the faulty one this week & are sending me a new one. Thanks for sending the email Jack, it obviously helped as everything was sorted in under 5 mins! Fab customer service from the lass I spoke to & I'm really excited to get my hands on the new one as my zest for waxing has been returned.
I think I just needed to hear it wasn't me being a twit haha!

Thanks again
Michelle xx
Thank you Michelle
You have any queries with regards to a temperature of any of the waxers just send me a message. Summer has arrived so you best get that wax pot up and running! Good luck...:):)

Hallelujah!!

I know its been a while since this post but I just wanted to update that PR picked up my faulty pot & sent me a lovely new one within a few days :) it was above & beyond what I was expecting & I'm chuffed to bits!

The new one works like a dream ( my first one must have been a bit iffy) and I've had no problems at all with any of my PR waxes in it.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jack & the guys at PR, customer service above & beyond!
Xxx

Hallelujah!!

I know its been a while since this post but I just wanted to update that PR picked up my faulty pot & sent me a lovely new one within a few days :) it was above & beyond what I was expecting & I'm chuffed to bits!

The new one works like a dream ( my first one must have been a bit iffy) and I've had no problems at all with any of my PR waxes in it.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jack & the guys at PR, customer service above & beyond!
Xxx
Michelle that's great news and I'm glad it's all sorted for you. I'm up at HO with the team tomorrow so I'll pass on your feedback. Thank you x

Latest posts

Back