perron rigot roller waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
Hi geeks, from the limited feedback on my earlier thread asking about a tube waxing system it seems that it's not really what it's cracked up to be! As I use Perron Rigot waxes at the moment I think maybe I will go with that. I've searched though some earlier threads but would appreciate if the lovely geeks who use this system could answer a few questions for me.

I understand the cartridges fit in the hive heaters, I think the triple one would probably be ideal for me....is anyone using this combination and how do you find it?

There are a few different types (cirepil, jasmine etc.), is there a particular one that's a good all rounder?

Do the cartridges have sealed heads on them, if so how do you clean them effectively?

I see that these cartridges are more expensive than the other brands, which doesn't really bother me.......but wondered whether it is similar to the other PR waxes in that it goes on thinner than other brands meaning that it actually goes further.

How many half legs on average do you get from a cartridge?

When being waxed with a roller I sometimes find it "draggy" ....has anyone experienced this particular problem with PR rollers?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you, Lou x

I use a roller for legs. I have the Hive 3 chamber heater. I use the PR Cristal Ice cartridges. I prefer the Cristal Ice as it goes on nice and thin and is hypoallergenic. I did buy the PR heaters but couldn't get on with them. I love the Hive one and the PR cartridges fit in perfectly.
I tend to find that the rollers that drag have heads with ridges on. The PR heads are smooth so don't drag.
The heads are fixed so you just need to clean the heads between clients.
I would say I get about 3-4 sets of half legs out of one cartridge.
Hope that answers your questions x

Hi geeks, from the limited feedback on my earlier thread asking about a tube waxing system it seems that it's not really what it's cracked up to be! As I use Perron Rigot waxes at the moment I think maybe I will go with that. I've searched though some earlier threads but would appreciate if the lovely geeks who use this system could answer a few questions for me.

I understand the cartridges fit in the hive heaters, I think the triple one would probably be ideal for me....is anyone using this combination and how do you find it?

There are a few different types (cirepil, jasmine etc.), is there a particular one that's a good all rounder?

Do the cartridges have sealed heads on them, if so how do you clean them effectively?

I see that these cartridges are more expensive than the other brands, which doesn't really bother me.......but wondered whether it is similar to the other PR waxes in that it goes on thinner than other brands meaning that it actually goes further.

How many half legs on average do you get from a cartridge?

When being waxed with a roller I sometimes find it "draggy" ....has anyone experienced this particular problem with PR rollers?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you, Lou x
Lou,

I only use the PR modular heater so I can't comment on the other wax heater systems.

I do use Cristal Ice as my roller wax as its hypoallergenic and like Cristal Ocean it works really well for me. I have not tried any of the other ones although I understand the mens roller wax Homme is a very nice and effective wax also.

Yes the cartidges have sealed heads and after use I clean them with some solvent on a paper strip while they are still warm then I rub over it with a little jasmine oil on a strip then they are ready for the next client.

I agree that it does go on thinner and that you get more from these catridges than you do with some of the other roller waxes.

I only do male waxing so male legs are often bigger longer etc than female legs but on average I get a pair and a half from one cartridge ( full legs) .. again it just depends on the client.

As with most men I generally trim longer hair prior to waxing regardless if its roller, pot and spatula or non strip its easier for me and for them and I agree that rollers can drag on longer hair.

Generally I only use my roller method for male leg and often arms i much prefer the pot and spatula method for everything else.

Good luck

Jack

grrrrr, I ordered my crystal ice cartridges from beauty express but they are 100g and my hive 6 cartridge heater takes the 80g ones, had to send them back and be charged for the privilege!

I recently bought the Hive Mini Pro wax heater set when they had a VAT free day with Sally's and got a bit of a bargain. Not tried it out yet but I do know that the 3 and 6 cartridge system allows you to use 3 sizes of wax cartridges up to 100g.

Can't wait to try it out! I've just text my boyfriend and told him to hurry up home as I have a BIG surprise for him...

Little does he know, it's a back wax... :lick::D

Latest posts

Back