Perron Rigot vs Berodin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayJay31

Reaction score
I'd appreciate some pros and cons of each wax... I've never used either of these waxes so would like some personal opinions. :biggrin:

I use berodin and used to use PR. I find the blue hot wax by berodin much more flexible once set. They're new aquamarine warm wax is great and I had less redness after use. Hth x

Hi
They are both great brands and I'm sure you will get a selection of replies for and against each brand ...but it's down to personal choice.
I use Perron Rigot so for me that's my preferred option and I like the range of waxes that they offer as they have a selection of waxes and products that suit most requirements including clients that have sensitive skin and prefer a hyperallergenic range.
I would arrange a few samples and try them out for yourself and see which one you prefer.

As Jack rightly said, we all have our preferences on brand , but I personally believe that if you find one good non strip wax that does a great job, why complicate matters and have several? I have two strip waxes, one cream and one hypoallergenic gel wax.

I also don't think that you can get a good feel for a wax/get temperature controlled correctly with a teeny sample.

Having used both brands, I moved to Berodin about 5 years ago and I much prefer it as I find the blue more flexible than PR and the aquamarine less sticky than cristal ocean. But then I am biased as I am now the UK distributor:)

PR is still a good product though.

If you have any questions, just give me a call.

I would try them both and see what you think. Everybody will have a different opinion because what I like, you might not like. I've bought a bag of all the ones I want to try and just keep swapping tins for every appointment. In the end I'll naturally prefer one hopefully!

I've tried them all and they are all good but I ended up buying loads of Outback Organics Gold because I love it. Looks like liquid gold and sets quickly at a low temperature. Second best was PR Intimate 4. The smell alone makes me want to use it!

I use berodin and lycon for my intimate waxing. Not big in the US, but I love it!

I think I've tried just about every one going.
We use Perron not just because its a brilliant wax but because of the availability.I can get it in my vat and delivery free next day with Beauty Express which makes a big difference to price per bag.
Perron do so many waxes I would imagine there is one to suit everyone which I think trying to compare is impossible.Its all down to personal choice.

I've tried just about every wax going! I now use perron r for all waxing, however if for any reason I couldn't get hold of any I would also use the Rica wax that Ellison's stock, a bit more mid-range but gave super results!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've only used it for intimate, underarms and face so far.

Hi Cloughers,

Im still to try OO Gold and as Ive heard great reviews about it, Ive just ordered some. Do you use it for sensitive areas only, or do you wax larger ones, like Andy shows in his clip http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dwSBJcM7t4M instead of strip waxing?

Im a huge, huge fan of non strip waxing as, in my home country, it is very popular to have a full body waxing with hot wax only and it feels amazing. Obviously the wax there is much cheaper and thats how people afford to do that.

I love that wax. You can use it everywhere and I often do now with coarse hair on the shoulders, chest, arms and back. You couldn't use it as thin as Andy does in that video on all hair tho but I am still surprised by just how thin you can use it and it still remains flexible and strong. The only way you'll know if it's for you is by trying it! :)

I am quite sure I will be taken to task for my input, or flayed for double dipping...

The best way to choose a brand is to work with one long enough to have some experience with it. Do this with two or three brands until you find one that suits you AND you like the company you purchase it from. Nothing is less gratifying than giving money to a company you dislike for a product you like!

I have always been a firm believer that multiple waxes are not necessary. One hard, one soft is all anybody needs. There really is no such thing as a hypoallergenic wax. People can and will react to things, with waxing it is mainly the service and not the product that reactions are occurring from.

So even if a company offers many waxes, if you narrow it down to two and master those you will be able to wax everyone that can get waxed with a little education and great results.

NOTICE I NEVER MENTIONED A BRAND? Now, all'y'all go ahead. Flay away!

See you in November at the Wax Show!

Latest posts

Back