Perron Rigot wax tins vs 50cc heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVW

Reaction score
I have been a bit daft, I have a new wax heater 50cc, only just started up again, so dont have loads of clients yet. I went on a Perron Rigot discover day (enjoyed it loads) as I have read such good things about their wax on SG. I knew that the tins were larger than the normal pots of wax, but stupidly thought I could warm the strip wax in its tin, in my 50cc heater, and then decant some out into a smaller tin once it was warm! I got my order yesterday, and was so excited but the tin is too wide as well as tall, so I cant even warm it up. Does anyone have any ideas how I can warm the strip wax up enough to get it to pour out! Its a metal tin so wont go in a microwave! Any advise please.... :rolleyes:

I assume you mean 500cc, or you've got bigger problems than a wax tin not fitting in!:biggrin:

I just re-read and saw you said it's too wide too.

Have you used the wax heater? If not, maybe you could send it back and get a 1000cc? If you have, do you maybe have an old heater?

Otherwise my only other suggestion is sit it, with the lid on, in a pan of hot water until it runny enough to pour.

Hiya

When i did waxing back in a salon, we used to put the pot of wax on top on the heater at a angle and then the heater would heat it up and it would pour in to it?

Hi there, yes :o I do mean 500cc! Thanks for your replies, it is a new heater, and I could buy a new 1000cc but dont really want to just yet if I can find a way around it. I did try heating it in a pan of water, but that was taking ages, and then I tried tipping it over the heater while on but after quite a while, there was hardly any movement! I will try again tonight! :irked:

The only way you will get the wax from the 800g tin into the 500cc heater is to turn the wax pot upside down and turn the heat up and as it melts it will drop through.. but keep an eye as it could overspill and make a mess...

Hth Jack

Hmm, I ordered a spare inner container for a 500cc heater, it has arrived tonight, but that does not fit my heater either, it must be the same size as the PR tins in diameter.... I got my heater from Beauty Express, thinking it was a Hive heater, but I think it must be a cheaper version, because it is a Hive inner container I have purchased... urrgrrg:irked: I want to try my new wax out and now I dont have a spare container to tip it into, that fits..... :(

Thanks guys, I will contact Beauty Express and see if they can get me an inner container that fits my heater....

Latest posts

Back