Perron Rigot wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah87

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I decided to convert from lycon hot wax to Perron rigot as its much easier to buy where I live. I used it on myself I loved it however I used it on my client earlier who usually has lycon with me and she said the wax was feeling too hot, I turned the wax down but it became very stringy to work with but she said it still felt too hot and I felt like I needed to tweezer a lot of hairs afterwards..i had tested the wax on my wrist and it felt okay temp to me.its left me feeling unconfident and usually waxing is the treatment I have most confidence in. Has anyone else found the wax to go stringy?
Thanks,

What heater are you using and at what temperature?
It's a great wax, don't give up on it yet!
I have clients that I use it on one week that say it's fine the next month they say it's hotter however the temperature is the same... Could be that your client was feeling more sensitive today plus the fact that she knew your were trying out a new wax could have made her more concerned and analyse the product more than normal.

It's the babyliss pro satin smooth dual wax pot the settings are between 1-10 I had it on 4 but had to switch it to 3. I felt it hadnt taken all the hairs out like lycon does but maybe I just need to practice a bit more with it. She said the wax felt okay on her top lip but hot on bikini so maybe she was more sensitive than usual today.

It's the babyliss pro satin smooth dual wax pot the settings are between 1-10 I had it on 4 but had to switch it to 3. I felt it hadnt taken all the hairs out like lycon does but maybe I just need to practice a bit more with it. She said the wax felt okay on her top lip but hot on bikini so maybe she was more sensitive than usual today.
Sarah
I'm not familiar with that heater so. It able to help you with the best temperature setting. But I guess as its new for you it just takes a little while to adjust and get used to the way it works. Maybe just ha e a play around wit the temperature and see what suits you best. As you know some clients are just a bit more sensitive than others with regards to the temperature. Hopefully it settles down as you get more familiar with the wax. I find that if the temperature is not hot enough that my waxes can be a bit stringy so it's just finding the best temperature to work with. I'm not sure where you are located but if you were able to come on one of the discovery workshops you may find this helpful.
Hope this helps and that soon settles down.. Good luck

Which wax are you using, as I find that euroblond and homme remove the hair better and are cooler and more fluid than the intimate 4 and the white one (can't remember what it's called).

Which wax are you using, as I find that euroblond and homme remove the hair better and are cooler and more fluid than the intimate 4 and the white one (can't remember what it's called).
I use Homme as I find it much better. I like the fact it's more fluid than some of the others and it goes on a little lower in temperature so it's a bit more comfortable and it picks up all the hairs. The white non-strip wax is called ' 'Pure' which is a hypoallergenic wax with a very creamy texture.

Hope that helps

Out of interest, was she one of your first clients of the day? The whole process of heating a wax and then cooling it down to the correct temp takes about an hour but it still retains some heat.

Also, the thicker the wax, the hotter it will feel.

HTH's.

Latest posts

Back