Perron strip less wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozlea

Reaction score
Hi all
I was wondering if you can remove the wax in the same direction as the hair growth with any of perron's hot wax? As i find with the wax i currently use this is less painful and less traumatic to deep rooted clients.
I see everyone rave on here about how good PR wax is, I'd like to try it myself :) so would love to know if you can remove in any direction, If so which one is best for intimate waxing?

They're designed to generally be removed against the direction. Just out of interest what wax are you using that can be removed in the direction? I agree it causes less trauma to follicle in the direction, like sugaring.

With all the Perron Rigot non strip waxes they are applied in the direction of hair growth and removed against.

They have several non strip waxes and the most popular one is Euroblonde for intimate waxing. I use a men's wax called Homme which is great and they also have a new non strip wax designed especially for intimate waxing treatments calked Intimate4.

Good quality new generation waxes are generally much better for waxing and provide much more comfortable hair removal.

If you give then a call they will send you out a sample to try including some of their pre and post range.

Hope that helps

Jack

Thanx for your reply i might try a few samples, but it's a shame they don't do any that can be removed with the hair growth though :( as i myself can't have wax that is removed against the hair growth as my own hair tears through the skin :(

I mix 2 types of wax together to get the right consistency at the moment apply against the hair growth and remove with, get great results with very little pain and no trauma, but would prefer to have one that is the right constancy without having to mix....

Last edited:
I use the white flexi wax in my mix, i don't like it on it's own though...

To be honest Jozlea, the more old fashioned and less technically advanced waxes are usually removed in that way. New generation waxes which contain very expensive and superior ingredients enable you to apply the wax simply in the direction of hair growth and remove against the hair growth.

Having said that, there's nothing to stop you applying it against the hair growth if you have a client with very short shaved and coarse hair, but you really shouldn't need to.

Give Homme or Euroblonde a try for Brazilians but all of the Perron Rigot waxes are great, so it's just personal preference.

At last I have had a Hollywood but did it myself and put the wax on every which way. I used Homme which I found great to 'blob' on. I actually found it all fairly easy. I also took the wax off however I could and is done an excellent job of removing my hair, so while the recommendations may be there, there is definitely a degree of flexibility!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

At last I have had a Hollywood but did it myself and put the wax on every which way. I used Homme which I found great to 'blob' on. I actually found it all fairly easy. I also took the wax off however I could and is done an excellent job of removing my hair, so while the recommendations may be there, there is definitely a degree of flexibility!

Vicki x

I'll have whatever you're drinking Vicki. lol It took me a while to work out that you were talking about waxing yourself (I hope).:hug:

Lina Kennedy has been promoting removal of hair IN the direction of growth for years - she has proved over 20 years that it does lead to hair refinement and has been teaching the Kennedy Theory to all of her practitioners.

With Sugaring either strip or the hand method - you remove the hair in the direction and literally slide the hair out - the sugar seeps slightly into the hair follicle and therefore slides it out. Being 100% natural its skin friendly and can remove very short hair with good technique.

I've seen fantastic results on my own skin and that of clients who all love it - its really great underarms and you'll never shave again!

Vicki x

Ooooh impressive! Bendy!

Agree, I so hope sugaring keeps growing after all it was developed before waxing, waxing came second.
Lina Kennedy has been promoting removal of hair IN the direction of growth for years - she has proved over 20 years that it does lead to hair refinement and has been teaching the Kennedy Theory to all of her practitioners.

With Sugaring either strip or the hand method - you remove the hair in the direction and literally slide the hair out - the sugar seeps slightly into the hair follicle and therefore slides it out. Being 100% natural its skin friendly and can remove very short hair with good technique.

I've seen fantastic results on my own skin and that of clients who all love it - its really great underarms and you'll never shave again!

Latest posts

Back