Persistent offender- no show - should I call her?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daydreams01

Reaction score
So I know that no shows a part & parcel of being in business & I appreciate sometimes things crop up & don't think to cancel. I get v.few no shows as we send out text reminders the day before so it's not a huge problem for me but I feel like someone is deliberately trying to mess me around & have no idea why.

I did 2 kids cuts back in September & the mum was really pleased & booked herself in for a few weeks later for cbd. Twice she rang the day before & on the day & rescheduled for the following weeks. This then bought the appt to 1st October which she was a no show for & didn't answer her phone. This week I took a booking from her again without realising who it was cos I was doing a client at time so just wrote details down & put it on computer when I was finished which was when I realised who it was.
She was really nice & friendly on phone & specifically asked for me, then lo and behold didn't turn up again on Saturday. I tried to call but no answer.

I have never done her hair before and don't know her so have no idea why she is messing me around like this. I won't accept any future booking without a prepayment but I feel like I want to ring her and ask what her problem is? Do you think this is a good idea or should I just wait until she next tries to book & have it out with her then?

Wait. Don't call her and definitely don't book her without a deposit.

What a biatch!

Good luck.

Vic x

don't ring her, she more than likely has your number saved anyway and won't answer, and even if she did she is just going to tell you she forgot all about it and it will annoy you even more.

If she rings again , tell her you can't book her in without payment in full as she has already not shown up to 2 other appointments and she what she says then

Unfortuanely people don't realize how much no shows affect a small business, and think we won't remember them the next time that they book and it's no big deal.

I agree with not calling her, if she calls (add a little note to her number in contacts)to book again I would say it would have to be paid in full when the booking is made. No payment no booking. I'm strict, I keep a tract of all last minute cancellations and no shows. I have kindly told a few offenders I would need payment up front, they either do and learn I won't take being messed about or u never hear from them again, either way I win. Your a business they need to know that. I may sound mean but I've had my fair share of pain in the bum clients trying to take advantage xx

Thanks, will take your advice and not call her. Like you say she prob wouldn't be honest anyway if I asked her but she seemed a genuinely nice normal person and you would think with 2 kids she would have better things to do with her time then mess me around when I don't know her from Adam!

Thanks, will take your advice and not call her. Like you say she prob wouldn't be honest anyway if I asked her but she seemed a genuinely nice normal person and you would think with 2 kids she would have better things to do with her time then mess me around when I don't know her from Adam!

I know what you mean those people do my head in so like the girls are saying I just drop those customers if they don't want to play fair & focus on the 98% who are pretty fabulous

Pop Prepay before her name/number on your phone. Then if she rings when you are busy with a client you get a reminder that she needs to prepay or else that you are fully booked.

Pop Prepay before her name/number on your phone. Then if she rings when you are busy with a client you get a reminder that she needs to prepay or else that you are fully booked.
Such a good idea thanks!

I would just ban her. Say you take payment and she actually turns up for a haircut next time who's to say she won't do it again? You can't have clients like that messing you about. After two strikes they are out on their ear. Business is business at the end of the day.

I would just ban her. Say you take payment and she actually turns up for a haircut next time who's to say she won't do it again? You can't have clients like that messing you about. After two strikes they are out on their ear. Business is business at the end of the day.
More trouble than she's worth for sure

Agree with all comments here. What I've learned from repeat offenders is they either don't realise they're offending because they're so wrapped up in themselves or they just don't care.

Latest posts

Back