Personal info on Myspace

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Another thread is about who may be reading your threads on here Id just like to mention about some of the personal info put on peoples My space websites.
Im particularly concerned about youngsters.Ive had a word with my daughter about it as some of her friends have absolutely every personal detail about themselves on their site.Their dates of birth, their full names,where they live ,what school ,where they hang out absolutely everything with pics.Great for identity fraud and also for stalkers,paedophiles and other dodgy characters.

Yes I second this I had someone from my past who I'd rather not be associated with anymore contact me on myspace.

Now I have set my profile too private so only my friends can see it and I always check out anyones profile who requests me as a friend! :hug:

x

Another one they use is 'Bebo'. Again my daughter and her friends put all sort of things on there. In fact the other week someone left a message on the saying that they thought she was their long lost cousin!!:eek: Silly girl got all excited about it and wanted to reply detailing all sorts of things until I pointed out the obvious potential dangers to her.:rolleyes:

The web can be a scary place.:irked:

Also can I just add about youngsters and Bebo, my 13 year old daughter had her web page hacked into. They changed her password and added obscene pictures that any 13 year old does not wish to see and was emailing all her friends and sister to say that she had turned gay. It is now in the hands of the police.

Also can I just add about youngsters and Bebo, my 13 year old daughter had her web page hacked into. They changed her password and added obscene pictures that any 13 year old does not wish to see and was emailing all her friends and sister to say that she had turned gay. It is now in the hands of the police.

i think we must have posted at the ame time about Bebo!!

But yes I've heard of quite a few cases of hacking on that site and others changing info. Bullying via Bebo.:evil:

There is a lot of it about. But if it happens to any of you the police ARE interested. I wouldn't have done it usuallybut these pictures and comments even made my hair curl :eek:

Yes I second this I had someone from my past who I'd rather not be associated with anymore contact me on myspace.

Now I have set my profile too private so only my friends can see it and I always check out anyones profile who requests me as a friend! :hug:

x

Im the same hun my profile is set too private so only pepole I add can see it! x

Latest posts

Back