Personal question-extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
I am considering getting extensions, ive got half white half black hair. And its in a bob just above my shoulders. Im worried that I am going to have a line of where my hair stops and im never going to wear it down straight...am I valid in sayn this (ive never had them in before) ive also just bleached my roots, should I tone before or after I get them in??
Thanks x
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you attach a pic? Can hardly see it from the profile x

1389993189246.jpg
Not the best photo my hairs naturaly straight and slightly longer x

Attachments

• 1389993531338.jpg
    1389993531338.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 375
A good extensionist will Defintely be able to blend, yoy shouldn't have a line showing the natural/extension break x

If it's a good technician they will be able to blend it, I have certainly done shorter than yours successfully. X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done shorter :) it's possible, a good extensionist will do it - no problem. You will need a lot of hair though, so don't goto someone only using 200 0.5g bonds. Do your research and you'll be fine :D I would LOVE to get my hands on your hair - I love it! Shame were not near each other lol :) xx

I like the two tone hair! Very different! :) x

I like the two tone hair! Very different! :) x

I know I absolutely love it! Wouldn't it look lovely long too! I'm very jealous, I could never rock a style like this lol.

Aww thanks guys you've really put my mind at ease. Ive been really back and forth with it.
I dont know enough about extensions yet to know for sure!
I will ask if shes using more than 0.5g then shall I?

(Quite chuft with that little boost, thanks)
Xx

Oh and should I tone my hair first or wait and do it when theyr all in?? Xx

Tone it first so they can get the correct colour match. Your extension tech should give you some pre fitting instructions.
I would say you need at least 0.8 or 1g hair, that's what I use on my clients with short hair.
I would also love to get my hands on your hair!! Shame I'm a bit far.
Good luck and make sure to show us when it's done 😄

Think we would all love to do this one, if you get them done post pics so we can see :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to make sure your hair is strong enough to take 1g strands first and foremost. If not your hair will break from the weight of the strand
A good extensionist can do your hair easily with the heavier 0.8g strands and if necessary can split the strands where your hair is finer/weaker

Aww thanks guys you've really put my mind at ease. Ive been really back and forth with it.
I dont know enough about extensions yet to know for sure!
I will ask if shes using more than 0.5g then shall I?

(Quite chuft with that little boost, thanks)
Xx

I would ask the question 0.8g is fine anything less is a bit on the thin side, if the strands are 1 gram just make sure your hair can with stand it. 150-200 bonds for a full head (personally by the picture you'll need more then 150) Also check to see whether the hair is single or double drawn (single drawn is wispy on the ends and double drawn is thick root to tip) - the wispy look is not sexy lol!

Tone first so you get a better colour match. Check you extension technicians previous work and reviews (even contact a client if no reviews are about) and obviously check they're qualified and insured etc.

If you get them done definitely post pictures! Excited to see! Xx

I would ask the question 0.8g is fine anything less is a bit on the thin side, if the strands are 1 gram just make sure your hair can with stand it. 150-200 bonds for a full head (personally by the picture you'll need more then 150) Also check to see whether the hair is single or double drawn (single drawn is wispy on the ends and double drawn is thick root to tip) - the wispy look is not sexy lol!

Tone first so you get a better colour match. Check you extension technicians previous work and reviews (even contact a client if no reviews are about) and obviously check they're qualified and insured etc.

If you get them done definitely post pictures! Excited to see! Xx

Why would it be thin using 0.5g strands? You just add more strands to get the same weight it just means the weight is spread further amongst the hair putting less weight on each bunch of strands.

A good extensionist will use 0.5g on fine hair as it's much better than using 0.8.
I never use 1g strands personally as I think they're too heavy

What I meant is a lot of extensionists in my area advertise 200 x 0.5 gram strands as a full head - in my opinion it's not a full head it's half head. So yes it would be thinner.

Loooooove your hair!! I would love to get something like that done but not brave enough lol !

This hair is easy enough to do so long as the correct amount and thickness are selected xx

Great thanks guys. My hairs not been the best for year ( im constantly colouring it) but since using Nioxin shampoo its totaly changed it!
She told me the lightest blonde she gets is a shade 60 :confused:
So they wont be toned I didnt know if it was best if I done it or her.
Shes done ALOT of extensions in my area and is well know for it but she isnt a hairdresser.
Well if any of u lovely ladys find your selfs near Scotland your more than welcome to do my hair haha.
Thanks guys xx

Great thanks guys. My hairs not been the best for year ( im constantly colouring it) but since using Nioxin shampoo its totaly changed it!
She told me the lightest blonde she gets is a shade 60 :confused:
So they wont be toned I didnt know if it was best if I done it or her.
Shes done ALOT of extensions in my area and is well know for it but she isnt a hairdresser.
Well if any of u lovely ladys find your selfs near Scotland your more than welcome to do my hair haha.
Thanks guys xx

Yes a 60 is normally the lightest you can get, although some companies do an Ice white blonde (AngelsLocks do this) which has a lot less yellow tones in it - you could tone your self just do not apply anything harsh. And you should be able to get it to match. I'll find a picture of their Ice and upload it for you :) xx

Latest posts

Back