Personal question to therapists, how much do you actually earn?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Wondering how much (if at all) people's monthly incomes differ if they are employed / self employed / spa / salon / mobile.

I know how many hours you work, where you are in the country and how experienced you are will all contribute but when I look at job adverts posted and it's like £8 an hour I can't help thinking wow how do people survive??

Barely!!!!! I work in a spa and massage all day every day for 40 hours a week. I get paid (not a lot) get taxed and I’m left with just about enough to cover my rent and bills. It’s difficult!! I am currently trying to set up my own business and offer mobile treatments, but I don’t know how I’ll find the time around my busy job.

The first few years I relied on hubs payng the bills so near enough every penny i took went on products, advertising, equipment etc. To build the business into the best it could be, without a penny spared.

Now im established I do take a blooming good wage- higher than nmw & more than double £8ph... but... its long hours (average 12 hour days) no real down time as ppl message constantly & dont grasp the fact I want a day off too so do I think its worth what I earn? Atm nope! Thats the trade off I suppose. Xx

The first few years I relied on hubs payng the bills so near enough every penny i took went on products, advertising, equipment etc. To build the business into the best it could be, without a penny spared.

Now im established I do take a blooming good wage- higher than nmw & more than double £8ph... but... its long hours (average 12 hour days) no real down time as ppl message constantly & dont grasp the fact I want a day off too so do I think its worth what I earn? Atm nope! Thats the trade off I suppose. Xx
Is that (for arguments sake) £20ph while in the salon doing actual treatments? I imagine like you say, all the admin and extra 'business' stuff brings this down considerably.

Is that (for arguments sake) £20ph while in the salon doing actual treatments? I imagine like you say, all the admin and extra 'business' stuff brings this down considerably.

Correct BP. Your only making money while someones sat in front of you having something done, so *ideally* the treatment price has to be high enough to cover downtime too. Dows it always work? Nope. But you get very quick at doing the other stuff lol xx

Latest posts

Back