Personal sorry, but what age did you start to get grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am getting more and more grey hair and im 29. I was just wondering what age everyone got their first greys, and how long it was untill it became a problem! I have noticed a few greys over say the past three years, but have seen more over past couple months. I realy like my natural colour, no one had their natural colour nowadays, and from years of abusing my hair when working in salons/college. I decided to embrace it! Well now im beginning to think its time to reach for the bleach to blend in my greys lol. So please tell me your grey hair storys! x:Love:

I have I small patch of grey just in one place and I'm 22. I coloured it a few times but it grows too quickly so it's just hidden under my fringe.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi hun I turned 30 last month and the greys are definitely here to stay lol! I have been going grey along my parting and by the sides/next to my ears for the last few years, more noticebly since I have been dying my hair a very dark brown. In all truth I've probably been going grey longer but it's just more noticeable now.
My other half who was 31 this year bless him he's been going grey since he's 10 years old... no joke! He had a very predominant grey patch on the side of his head and he has jet black hair! It was/is so noticeable that the school used to call his Mum up there to ask him to stop dying it silver!
Now he's my little salt and pepper man.... or rather he is going that way. Love him he'll end up looking like Alistair Darling over the next few years.. you know the look jet black eyebrows and silver hair. He'll be my little silver fox..... apparently Ive made him that way... cheeky! xxxx

Mine started when i was 21, i swear it was stress related as it happened ever since I was made redundant from my lovely job :-(

I have been getting the odd grey hair for years now. I am 28 but because I dye my hair it doesn't bother me.

I was 23 when I spotted my 1st grey hair. I am 36 now and I am covered in them. Luckliy I have the most fantastic hair dresser and I get my highlights and colour every 5 weeks so as long as I have her nobody will ever know! :Love:

19 :sad: im now 33 nd have to colour my hair every 5 weeks !

So glad someone has posted this! I was thinking the exact same question this morning. I'm 29 too and have been noticing more and more grey hairs. It looks a little bizarre with bright red hair and dark roots with the odd grey hair randomly in there! And I'm wondering how my semi perm Red is going to do on the greys.... I don't want to be grey :( feel about 16 still, not nearly 30!!!!

Glad it's not just me :( boooo xx

Most people start getting grey hairs in their mid twenties. By 30 few people are colouring their hair purely for fun.
It is influenced by genetics though, so there are exceptions.

34 and I plucked them out with tweezers hehe I'm 38 and gave gone blonde as I can't keep up the plucking 

Funny there should be a white hair thread I was just inspecting mine earlier during a pick myself to bits session in the mirror. I have a few appearing, I'm 38 but as I have hightlights it doesn't notice too much fortunately. As said it goes on genetics and I don't think my mum started colouring her hair for the white hair until her 40s.

I'm 40 and don't have one yet........watch this space, bet I find one tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Well my relative died 9 years ago and through the shock I lost all my hair it literally happened overnight. My alopecia lasted for 2 years then my hair started growing through and it was all White grey and I didn't know what looked worse bald head or grey. I now have longer locks and have a soft blonde tint all over and I love it

I was 17. :cry:

17!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

My mum was 18, auntie was 20. I'm only 20 and havnt found a grey yet but my grandmother from my dads side is in her 80s and only has a PATCH of white, the rest is jet black!! Hope I take after her...x

I'm 33 and yet to find one - although I do colour my hair frequently so I may have them but just don't give them a chance to show through...

one of my cleints got her 1st grey hair at 15 by time she was 18 she had a full regrowth of grey, total shame.

am hoping i take after my dad.... coz he got his 1st grey hair at 50

I noticed one white piece right near the front on the side of my fringe at 19 but i told myself it was my eyes! lol ignored and then again at 20-21 i looked again and notice just a couple about 2-5 single hairs that were grey/white again thought it was really odd and told myself they weren't real! haha (denial!)

The last 6 months due to lots of ups and downs i've been looking and more aware and due to life I have quite a few in that area now and they are WHITE!!!!! in the same place you can notice them unless i clip my fringe back and i see them and freak out! haha i put a 3/0 semi on them every 2-3 weeks!!! :(

I can't get over how WHITE they are!

Latest posts

Back