Perv alert, please be aware

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkster

Reaction score
Ok, so not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum but I have just had the most yuk perv on the phone and thought you guys should be aware and alert.

So it's a withheld number, bloke asking if he can buy a gift voucher for his missus. Started off asking about facials, then manicure & pedicure blah blah.

He then goes on that he & the missus are going on holiday so she may want some waxing so what about brazilian/hollywood and what's involved etc.

Me being so bloody stupid & gullible that I am gives a very professional discripton to which he says 'I like that because I'm a right dirty b******. So I told him that is to much information and he replies 'why does it make your p**** wet. To which I hung up right away & reported it to BT and the Police.

Ok sorry if this is too much information or if I have gone a bit overboard on the graphics but this is not funny and we need to be aware in case this kind of perv is targeting salons for kicks.

Stay safe people. x

I think it's good to be aware that this can happen, sadly by the time your aware then it's already too late.

But I think it's good that you've made fellow geeks aware of it because your tone suggests it's freaked you out a bit. I would be upset too.

So, altho you can't stop it happening you can make us cautious & if it does happen to us we might not be so freaked out & suprised.

Thank you x

Thank you,

yes it has totally freaked me out. It only just happened and I'm still in a bit of a shock.

x

What a stupid dork! Hope you are okay, don't worry too much often these types hide behind the phoneline.
Thank you for the info always good for us to look out for each other when things like this happen.
:hug::

Omg Emma hope your ok babe.
Thanks for letting us all know. Xx

What an unpleasant phone call "silly man"

If you get another phone call like that, I would say something like. "Your phone number is being traced by the police, and you will be hearing from them shortly" or something similar. Might not stop him from doing it again to someone else, but might worry him for a couple of days.

I never, ever answer witheld or blocked numbers for this very reason. They can leave a message with a number for me to contact them back.

Vile but nothing new. When I was in retail I often got calls from a man asking about shoes for his wife and asking for a description, I heard "something" going on in the background so hung up.
Second time he called I described the kitten heels he always asked about, but before he had time to get too happy I told him the nails used wernt properly flattened so would cut into the foot and the shoe would fall apart. Maybe if you hear his voice again you could
Describe the waxing as "painful using really hot wax that often leaves blisters, the strip doesn't remove very well and it pulls the hair, there is often stubble left afterwards too"
So not what he wanted to hear ;) c

Thank you for your replies.

UKFaye knows me well personally and knows what a gullible div I can be but really these sick pervs prey on my kind!

I'm going to get BT to block withheld numbers from my phone which I hadn't done in the past as some client call from work phones which also block the number but I am sure they will understand if I explain.

I have to give praise to the Police though, when I reported it they asked my circumstances and when I told the I worked alone they dispatched a plod within 30 minutes to come and review my security. And I only called the 101 number. Great service!

X

I am fed up with perverts ringing me. Luckily I can laugh about it though, after all they must be pretty sad and desperate! Usually nothing untoward is said, however the latest call involved someone asking me if I could massage his perineum! After I said no he quickly replied that it is not how I think it sounds and thanks anyway. Hmm ok...

Years ago I had a man who used to call looking for info about massage and then the questions would inevitably be how much are the extras.....blah, blah, yawn.

I would tell him ''you should seek professional help because you are sick in the head, do you know there are people out there trained to help you, they are called psychiatrists, you could get their number in the yellow pages etc and he ended up hanging up on me and didn't bother calling again...Pity that, I missed our little counselling sessions..I like to think I helped him get the help he needed maybe he got bored listening to my advice but anyway the calls stopped.

We use get a foreign man ringing up about either massages or male intimate waxing (which we don't offer) asking for a female therapist and description of each therapist as he couldn't remember who he had before (he'd never been to the salon before)
We made a note of he's number to make sure he wasn't booked in, after many times being told we were 'fully booked' he tried ringing and putting on a different accent!
But thanks to he number being saved we knew it was him. He finally got the message and hasn't called since!!
Pathetic the lengths people will go to!!
Hope your okay xox

Terrible! But we'll dove on handling it so well and thumbs up to the police response!

I don't answer withheld / blocked numbers. And on my phone I have contacts like 'z Ignore' or 'z DNA' for do not answer. Then if certain numbers call I no never to answer them. And done try years later. One called about 10 times in a row once!!

I'm number witheld from work and home so I can make 'work' calls from either place. I know how unhappy people are to answer them, and often there is silence when my calls get answered - they're literally waiting for either a perv or a sales call, so I quickly say "This is Bliss & Beauty...." and I always leave a message as I know some people find a missed call that's number witheld as 'dodgy' - but it's only me!!!

A friend of mine was getting unsolicited calls and a policeman told her to keep a whistle by the phone and when you're sure it's a dodgy one or persistent nuisance, blow as hard as you can down the phone - really puts them off apparently.

Hope it stops.

Julie x

Vile people out there isn't there.You poor thing.

It's not only in the beauty field people get these calls.My friend over the road who is a professional cake maker had a bloke ring up and asked her about cakes a few times and the last time he rang he got very aroused at the different fillings, sponges and icing he was heavy breathing and more.Needless to say she dosnt answer his calls anymore he rings off the same number all the time.

I got a Pervy phone call once. I laughed so much I think he was so shocked at my reaction he ended up putting the phone down. Hehe:D

Sorry to hear that has happened. Sick man.....

Like most other geeks have said i never answer calls from with held numbers, and have a few saved in my phone as Avoid Call. for similar reason's, i am sure i will get a load more of these calls when i start to offer Massage x

Latest posts

Back