pervy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi all

thought ild share what happened to me the other day at work
An old gent came in our salon, he was clearly in his 70's.
He started to enquire about the massages we do and did he need an appointment so i chatted away about what we do etc..

he then asked ' do you need and appointment and will a young girl do the massage?'
thats when i thought, perv.
I said ? no its me'
oh ,its you is it? looking me up and down.
then he said ' do you do any more with the massage?'
i said ' what do you mean?'
' do you do extras?'

I said no, I dont, you have to travel to ............. for that sir, goodbye.'

unbelievable!!!!! we are a hair & beauty salon, i just cant believe thers still a stigma with massage.!!
I know thers a few therapists thats been in a lot worse situations than that i was lucky in a way.

has anyone had anything happen to them like that? how did you handle it?
I wish i said a few more things to him, diry old sod!! out to be ashamed of himself.

Carrie xx:mad:

I have had lots of requests for massage but i just tell them it is a service that i don't offer as i don't,
it is something i have thought about training in but to be honest it is reading threads like this one that puts me off doing the training.
It sounds like you handled the situation very well and i hope you can look back on it some time soon and laugh about it :hug:

yeah i know, my boss has been taking the p**** and we have laughed about it.
the trouble is, if it was my business, i wouldnt advertise that we massage men, unless we knew them or they were a husband of a female client that we knew.

When i learnt massage, out tutors told us if we were moblie, is to never put your address on your buiness card, display it like ' therapeutic massage for women'
Ive heard so many horror stories so i did get off lightly this time.

When i learnt massage, out tutors told us if we were moblie, is to never put your address on your buiness card, display it like ' therapeutic massage for women'.

That's just what I am going to put on my menu, thanks for the tip.

:hug:

it does work cos when i was mobile, i had no pervs ring up at all!!
good luck with your business hun xxxxx

I had someone phone me at 2am asking me for a massage. I wouldn't mind but I wasn't even doing beauty then, only advertising for nails!

Maybe when they ask for the extras we should say, would you like the John Wayne Bobbit Version then! :green::smack:

That used to happen to me all the time, when i left school i worked in a hair dressers and the amount of phone calls i used to get of a pervy nature and the worst thing that ever happened to me was when i was shampooing a mans hair (forward facing) from under his gown he starting feeling up and down my leg, i was trying to stand further and further away from him he had the quickest hair wash in history as i was too young and silly to say anything, he wouldnt have got away with it now though lol

was horrible at the time though!

That used to happen to me all the time, when i left school i worked in a hair dressers and the amount of phone calls i used to get of a pervy nature and the worst thing that ever happened to me was when i was shampooing a mans hair (forward facing) from under his gown he starting feeling up and down my leg, i was trying to stand further and further away from him he had the quickest hair wash in history as i was too young and silly to say anything, he wouldnt have got away with it now though lol

was horrible at the time though!

Gos thats terrible for you!!
dont you wish you could turn back the clock and accidently smack his head hard on the basin??

God yes, i mean it was like 20 years ago but i can remember it like it was yesterday. What a creep!

as I only do massage, this happens to me all the time. It starts with phone calls late at night, usually over the weekend, asking if 'Im open for business' or can I visit them in their hotel room.

So now I never advertise my home number, although I have some business cards with my home address and number.

I now only put my work telephone and mobile down. My phone gets switched off at night to prevent us being woken up.

The signs to look for on the phone are:

1. men ringing quite early in the morning
  2. wanting an appointment that day
  3. asking you to list all of your massage treatments
  4. when you have finished listing your massage treatments ask if their is anything else you do, or do you do sports massage as I have a specific injury
  5. refusing to give anything but a mobile telephone number and not wanting you to ring them back
To counteract this you answer them politely, tell them that you have no appointments free for that day (even if you do) and for them to ring at 9.30 when the receptionist is in (they never ring back).

If they still persist, then a sharp retort of "I am a professional massage therapist and what you are looking for is a prostitute, please do not ring back". and I generally put the phone down after thant.:Grope:

I feel for you i really do!!!!!

I was polite to the old boy but it does anger me tho as there plenty of personal ads in the local papers for sauna massage etc so why do they contact a professional establishment??

I think one of the problems is that you often see our professional services advertised side by side with prostitute services.

I often get an influx of interest when I put my details on free web sites. the chiropody receptionist who has to take these calls is very good at handling them! But, you get some genuine requests too.

I've just noticed vistaprint are now offering erotic business cards, so hey ho!

I do have another classic tale regarding the subject
I used to know a woman who worked as a massage therapist and one day had a gent in , she told him ' you do realise its massage only dont you? nothing else.
he sain that was fine.
anyway, during the treatment he started to groan and push his hips in, she asked him to stop and he did for a while. then he done it again, so she smacked him around the head so hard that his tuban came off and all this money flew out onto the floor!!! she didnt stand no nonsense that woman.

Latest posts

Back