Pet hate, biggest fear, worst habit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all those who use the parent and child spaces and don't have children, no it is not illegal but it is incredibly inconsiderate and if you have children of your own you will one day understand.

I agree that children have a right to be protected and that is law...but at the same time shouldn't you, as parents, protect them? Do you get the lift instead of walking the stairs sometimes? of course you do or have done...it's easier, saves your energy etc! lifts are generally put in place for those who are unable to walk stairs but that doesn't stop you using them...you don't have ppl telling you just because you have legs and are able to walk, to take the stairs! Same as me, I see a parking space that's 100ft away from where I want to go and there's a mother and child parking space that's 2ft from where I want to go, it offers extra space so I can open my doors to fit my shopping in and not scratch the car next to me or my car so of course I am going to use it, it's convenient! It's not illegal, who wouldn't want to make a simple task even simpler for themselves! especially when it's pouring with rain. Im sure all those that moan that this is their pet hate would use these spaces if they didnt have children. Anyway that's just my opinion, not directly aimed at the poster who I have quoted gemmalou1981, but seems to be a popular pet hate! Sorry if I offend anyone but totally not my intention :) x

I think when you have children and your tired, bit depressed, rushing and trying to squeeze an expensive car seat out of your car with the most precious thing you will ever be aware of out of the car in a space 500 yards away from a girl casually parked in a child and parent space then you will understand. Until then I don't think you will understand that although parents will do anything and everything to protect their children there are things that can ensure their safety even further. And I actually believe it is selfish and inconsiderate to park in designated spaces if you hadn't got children. I have 4. I only park in them if I have the babies. If I have my 5 year old and 7 year old I don't park there as someone else could make better use of them.

Also I can legally park in a disabled space when I'm with my 5 year old.
But I never have! Her ears don't work but her legs do!

Don't presume everyone would simply park selfishly.

No it isn't illegal to park in a parent and child space but you will get a ticket and fine if you are caught without a child an park there, I seen it happen yesterday at my local supermarket, I don't reckon that man will park there again without his kids in a hurry :)

1) People who lie, constanley!
2) Being alone!
3) Smoking, very bad habit!

♥

To all those who use the parent and child spaces and don't have children, no it is not illegal but it is incredibly inconsiderate and if you have children of your own you will one day understand.

I agree it is incredibly selfish and inconsiderate but during my life I have learnt that not everyone is selfless and selfishness most definitely outweighs selflessness in today's society. I think to myself "if i had a baby and wanted a mother and child space 99 times out of a 100 those spaces would be taken with ppl who didnt have a child" so then I think well why shouldn't I? - call it ignorant or whatever, but me not parking in a mother and child space is not going to stop someone doing the same to me when i have children. It's just like "if someoen found my phone, would they hand it in?" - no they wouldn't, but i certainly would if i found a phone. it's a bit of a grey area tbh. Again, not meaning to offend anyone, and i am certainly not saying it's right or you give to receive, but when do you ever get thanked for being considerate and polite!? never! when do you get moaned at and penalised for "doing the wrong thing"? - always! xx

I agree it is incredibly selfish and inconsiderate but during my life I have learnt that not everyone is selfless and selfishness most definitely outweighs selflessness in today's society. I think to myself "if i had a baby and wanted a mother and child space 99 times out of a 100 those spaces would be taken with ppl who didnt have a child" so then I think well why shouldn't I? - call it ignorant or whatever, but me not parking in a mother and child space is not going to stop someone doing the same to me when i have children. It's just like "if someoen found my phone, would they hand it in?" - no they wouldn't, but i certainly would if i found a phone. it's a bit of a grey area tbh. Again, not meaning to offend anyone, and i am certainly not saying it's right or you give to receive, but when do you ever get thanked for being considerate and polite!? never! when do you get moaned at and penalised for "doing the wrong thing"? - always! xx

Sorry... And this may well offend you but it's not intended too. But I think that's an awful sad way of looking at things.

I don't do something right so that I don't get wronged in future. I do it because it's right. And I like to do whatever I can to be a good person.

I'm not saying your a bad person. But in my opinion it's a bad trait.

I have the most amazing friends, clients, family and people on salon seek that I think a lot of. And if I can help them I will. If I could stop someone feeling unhappy I will. I don't expect it to be returned. I do things to be a good all round person.

I'm not a saint. But just because if I didn't park in a space doesn't mean someone else won't? No that's right it doesn't mean someone else will be thoughtful and considerate. But I KNOW that I'm not waltzing around tesco comfortably dry and happy whilst a mum is trying to dry off her newborn because she had to park far away.

We all do our little bit. In every form of life.

Think this idea of doing the right thing for its sake would make another good thread......might start one!

My pet hate, and I have many but the main one is bitching. I hate bitching!

My worst fear is being buried alive.

My worst habit is being OCD (but everyone else will say smoking)

I Think this thread shows there are some very sad individuals on this forum. Enough said!

My pet hate is dirt/ mess/clutter
Biggest fear is death! Serious style fear!
Worst habit... Saying what I think to often :(

My pet hate is my husband or kids calling for me from upstairs or downstairs or the other side of the house (where I'm not) and expecting me to come running. If they want me, why not come to ME!? I could be upstairs cleaning the bathroom and hubby will call me from downstairs to come quick only to ask where something is in the fridge. Agh!

My worst fear is something happening to my kids (a popular theme for us mums)

My worst habit is being messy. I wish I had OCD in cleaning.

My pet hate is my husband or kids calling for me from upstairs or downstairs or the other side of the house (where I'm not) and expecting me to come running. If they want me, why not come to ME!? I could be upstairs cleaning the bathroom and hubby will call me from downstairs to come quick only to ask where something is in the fridge. Agh!

My worst fear is something happening to my kids (a popular theme for us mums)

My worst habit is being messy. I wish I had OCD in cleaning.

Ahhh so agree it drives me mad! I'll be in the kitchen with kettle on, washing machine going and my daughter will be in her room shouting mum mum mum! Mainly to say something like "what time is tea?" and my partner is just as bad! It's like we can hear through walls because we're mums xx

No it isn't illegal to park in a parent and child space but you will get a ticket and fine if you are caught without a child an park there, I seen it happen yesterday at my local supermarket, I don't reckon that man will park there again without his kids in a hurry :)

Supermarket parking lots are classified as private property so the traffic officers have no jusridiction on them, you can drive blind drunk, break the speed limit, block the exit or entrance. Whatever you want if you were that way inclined so I really don't know how they could be handing out fines legally. Maybe the store is doing it to stop able bodied people parking there.

It makes me cross when I see a perfectly able person screech to a halt in a disabled space ( usually in an expensive car or a 4X4 ) and swan off into the shops on their high heels. I always make a point of asking them fairly loudly which disability they suffer from. They usually get really flustered and quite offensive and still leave their car where it is.

Also, even if you are classified disabled I don't understand why someone who can walk perfectly needs to park there, if you are partially sighted or have hearing difficulties that doesn't stop you parking a little further away so wheelchair users can park closer.

makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
I agree that children have a right to be protected and that is law...but at the same time shouldn't you, as parents, protect them? Do you get the lift instead of walking the stairs sometimes? of course you do or have done...it's easier, saves your energy etc! lifts are generally put in place for those who are unable to walk stairs but that doesn't stop you using them...you don't have ppl telling you just because you have legs and are able to walk, to take the stairs! Same as me, I see a parking space that's 100ft away from where I want to go and there's a mother and child parking space that's 2ft from where I want to go, it offers extra space so I can open my doors to fit my shopping in and not scratch the car next to me or my car so of course I am going to use it, it's convenient! It's not illegal, who wouldn't want to make a simple task even simpler for themselves! especially when it's pouring with rain. Im sure all those that moan that this is their pet hate would use these spaces if they didnt have children. Anyway that's just my opinion, not directly aimed at the poster who I have quoted gemmalou1981, but seems to be a popular pet hate! Sorry if I offend anyone but totally not my intention :) x

I agree with some of the points you have made but we are all different and I don't think everyone will agree on this issue. I understand parents wanting to protect their children but I also understand that it is not fair for them to expect the right to so at other peoples expense.

I still say if they cant cope with going to the shop with the kids, leave them at home with someone. It would save a lot of aggravation for parents as well as other shoppers who have all heard tantrums in stores. ( I used to have loads as a kid when going shopping, my mom eventually gave me a good hiding in the middle of the store and I NEVER misbehaved like that again) Before anyone asks, I do not agree with beating children or corporal punishment, that is just the way things were done where and when I was growing up

Back to hiding behind he sofa again,

I agree with some of the points you have made but we are all different and I don't think everyone will agree on this issue. I understand parents wanting to protect their children but I also understand that it is not fair for them to expect the right to so at other peoples expense.

I still say if they cant cope with going to the shop with the kids, leave them at home with someone. It would save a lot of aggravation for parents as well as other shoppers who have all heard tantrums in stores. ( I used to have loads as a kid when going shopping, my mom eventually gave me a good hiding in the middle of the store and I NEVER misbehaved like that again) Before anyone asks, I do not agree with beating children or corporal punishment, that is just the way things were done where and when I was growing up

Back to hiding behind he sofa again,
Come out from behind the sofa, totally agree with your points on able bodied people parking in disabled spaces.

From a parents point of view I would love nothing better than to leave my kids at home when I go shopping but unfortunately babysitters are few and far between and my partner works overseas. This is why I am eternally grateful for the person who invented Internet shopping lol! x

Last edited:
Supermarket parking lots are classified as private property so the traffic officers have no jusridiction on them, you can drive blind drunk, break the speed limit, block the exit or entrance. Whatever you want if you were that way inclined so I really don't know how they could be handing out fines legally. Maybe the store is doing it to stop able bodied people parking there.

It makes me cross when I see a perfectly able person screech to a halt in a disabled space ( usually in an expensive car or a 4X4 ) and swan off into the shops on their high heels. I always make a point of asking them fairly loudly which disability they suffer from. They usually get really flustered and quite offensive and still leave their car where it is.

Also, even if you are classified disabled I don't understand why someone who can walk perfectly needs to park there, if you are partially sighted or have hearing difficulties that doesn't stop you parking a little further away so wheelchair users can park closer.

makes no sense to me.

You clearing have no experience dealing with anyone that cannot hear!

I think you will find as a child and an adult your senses enable you too cross a road safely, be safety aware and such. Now obviously I wouldn't let my daughter cross a road regardless of being deaf BUT as an adult alone if she was safer in a disabled spot where she has a legal right to be then I see no issue with that.

Iike I said I can park there when I am with her but I don't as I am able to guide her.

Just because there isn't a wheelchair doesn't mean there isn't a disability that can impair your mobility.

Oh and because it's private property... They decide who can park where an can impose fines if it is clearly displayed! Simple as that!

You clearing have no experience dealing with anyone that cannot hear!

I think you will find as a child and an adult your senses enable you too cross a road safely, be safety aware and such. Now obviously I wouldn't let my daughter cross a road regardless of being deaf BUT as an adult alone if she was safer in a disabled spot where she has a legal right to be then I see no issue with that.

Iike I said I can park there when I am with her but I don't as I am able to guide her.

Just because there isn't a wheelchair doesn't mean there isn't a disability that can impair your mobility.

Oh and because it's private property... They decide who can park where an can impose fines if it is clearly displayed! Simple as that!

There seems to be a bit of arguing going on on this thread! But totally agree with the above, my mum suffers with fibromyalgia and so has a disabled badge for parking. She only uses it when she's having a bad day with it but my god the looks she gets from people and the amount of tutting noises when she's pulled up in a Subaru impreza! Even when you can clearly see she's in alot of pain walking, she still gets critised for parking there, and probably just because of the kind of car she is in. Do all disabled badge holders have to drive around in certain cars to carry a certain image? I think not!

:lol:Well that's me told then !!!!

Clearly we all have very strong opinions on these matters and we are all entitled to our own, but I do find it condescending when a remark such as " you clearly have no experience with.... " is thrown out there. I probably have a lot more experience in this and many other areas but am choosing to no longer carry on with what seems to be becoming bickering match.

I respect everyones opinions and only ask for that same respect to be returned.

My mind is not going to be changed by arguing or trying to belittle my opinions. I am glad you are a strong person not afraid of sticking up for yourself, but then again so am I so lets agree to disagree and free the thread up to what it was originally posted for. An interesting, though provoking and above all a tongue in cheek look at the world around us.

:hug: and a cheeky little :smack:

Latest posts

Back