Pet hates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People moving there head actually really makes me angry. Especially when foiling aghhhhhhh!

They say I don't mind how much you take off...I have left it longer than normal. You cut it and they say Ohh it's shorter than normal!! Omg!! Smack!

I'm not a hair geek but everytime I go for a cut I do something really annoying!! I always say when they ask what I want ' ohh just a good cut' how annoying is that!! Like I'm gona ask for a bad cut!! I literally can't help myself!!! Tut tut bad client I am!!!

lol im not a hair geek either but was reading this thread last night, at my hair appointment this morning i felt the sudden need to apologise for the times i have asked for "a quick trim" ha ha my poor hairdresser prob wondered what on earth i was on with!!! :-/ at least i sat still though!!! xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I'm mobile and u would not believe some things clients do::evil: they lie in the bath sit on the phone make the dinner when I should be giving treatment :grr::grr: I feel like banging my head of something but I'm getting stronger and have started to say I need to b out of here in 60 mins as my next client will be waiting but some still take the p ,,,:rolleyes:

So scared about going to the hairdressers now ; ).....please could you explain the lying in the bath bit?????????

Gents that pull a comb out there back pocket and comb their three hairs and say that's where my parting is! How stupid lol

Gr! When people call you to find out who your suppliers are and how much you pay for them because "her sister is a hairdresser", why on earth would I tell you my business? I'm not a business adviser, surely if she is trained in extensions she would know?!

At 11 o'clock as well! Not impressed!

Omg prime example yesterday , client calls to explain he will be 10 mins late , I explain the appointment was a shorter app time than usual as I squeezed him in anyway , his response " well I only want a small amount of anyway so it's quicker" oh really? So cutting less hair off makes working through a section pattern quicker does it?!! Ha ha!!

My good friend does my hair (foils) and I do her nails (Shellac/minx) and as neither of us are paying customers she always shouts at me for moving/twitching/asking stupid questions and I lose it with her getting oil/dust on her nails and picking everything up during her treatments!

I think it's therapeutic for both of us to vent! Polite customer service goes out the window, just once in a while :)

Omg prime example yesterday , client calls to explain he will be 10 mins late , I explain the appointment was a shorter app time than usual as I squeezed him in anyway , his response " well I only want a small amount of anyway so it's quicker" oh really? So cutting less hair off makes working through a section pattern quicker does it?!! Ha ha!!

It always takes that bit longer as you have to make sure you only take the ends off lol hate ppl like that!

Lol..yeah the quick trim!!!

Also the day before an appointment a txt to say...wanted something different so have been elswhere...like I can only do one style!!....or got it done somewhere else cause your always busy...well why didnt you try me!!!! :grr:

Wow there really are some annoying clients out there!! I'm not a hair geek, but something that really irks me is when a client says 'oh no i wouldnt want a spray tan cause i don't want to look orange'....:eek: i don't actually offer an 'orange' tan i'll have you know!!!

From a clients perspective.. I hate when hairdressers blow dry my fine, whispy hair beautifully- big and full of volume...only to go and straighten it to death and make it look flat! Last couple of times i've asked not to have it straightened as it looks better before. (Hope i don't sound like your idea of a nightmare client now lol!!!)

x

i hate other mobile competitors ringing or messaging you to find out what your charging.
You can always tell who they are as they seem to know a bit to much about what they "want".
for example- with hair extensions i have competitors asking how much i will charge for like 200 bonds and what weight each bond is and how much deposit they need to pay.
i always tell them now that they are best off booking a consultation as i fell into the trap of giving them a rough price and all of a sudden they stop messaging as they have all the info they wanted........ grrrr!

happens alot if you advertise on gumtree

Went to thr hairdressers today for a blow dry and I was good as gold. No mobile phone, head straight and still and told her exactly what I wanted :)
New hairdresser and I LOVE my hair, she did exactly what I asked for which is surprisingly hard to come by. I have beautiful, big hair and she was only £17! i gave her £25 as it was so worth it.

I am not a hair geek but my pet hate is when I am doing nail extensions and i have done one nail, ready to start on the next one and the client lifts it away to "inspect."
Then I end up having to wipe my acrylic bead off my brush while she stares at her nail!

The other one is, *walks in* "want my eyebrows threaded now."
And i am obviously with a client so I say "I can't do it now, but if you come back in 30 minutes or you are more than welcome to wait."
And they take a huff and storm out! Grrrr

What I cannot handle....

Our front desk! They are wonderful people who know NOTHING about what we do and are unwilling to learn. Today I had a full book, with a 25 minute gap (my lunch, work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week). They decided instead of asking if I could take another client, they booked her and brought her to my messy station, without letting me clean up or set up from my last manicure! I was told "she needs her [NSS] "gel polish" taken off and shellac'd. Are you effing joking..!?!??? 25 minutes to set up, remove an unfamilar product AND.do a service. Of course I was late, only to be told "I dont know why it took you so long (35 minutes) you should just drill it off and skip steps, she wouldent know. UGH!

My hair and nail clients are amazing but waxing/spa clients not so much...

I actually had a client poop on my table during her massage.

My biggest issue... Brazilian wax clients who do not shower and/or properly wipe. I am always disgusted when you cleanse their skin and see poop, or when they get up and theres skid marks on sheets. Ew!

What I cannot handle....

Our front desk! They are wonderful people who know NOTHING about what we do and are unwilling to learn. Today I had a full book, with a 25 minute gap (my lunch, work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week). They decided instead of asking if I could take another client, they booked her and brought her to my messy station, without letting me clean up or set up from my last manicure! I was told "she needs her [NSS] "gel polish" taken off and shellac'd. Are you effing joking..!?!??? 25 minutes to set up, remove an unfamilar product AND.do a service. Of course I was late, only to be told "I dont know why it took you so long (35 minutes) you should just drill it off and skip steps, she wouldent know. UGH!

My hair and nail clients are amazing but waxing/spa clients not so much...

I actually had a client poop on my table during her massage.

My biggest issue... Brazilian wax clients who do not shower and/or properly wipe. I am always disgusted when you cleanse their skin and see poop, or when they get up and theres skid marks on sheets. Ew!

Omg this is absolutely disgusting !! I am so particular before I go for a wax , I shower and take baby woes with me ! I can't believe this actually happens ! Vile!!

When they have short hair and when you say you have no time and they say "come on its only short it will take 5 minutes" NO it wont!

I was fully booked yesterday , no lunch.. Just one cup of tea and a banana all day. So was pretty grumpy. I had a lady who wanted to be squeezed in at the end of the day, so rang her and said I'm free now.

She came in and said, wow you must be making loads of money!! I replied yeah thousands today.

I just hate those comments, cos my fingers were sore from working hard.

Then she went on to say her nails grew too fast and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep this up. I wanted to say p!ss off then, but I smiled and explained that nail biters nails grow faster. Then couldn't be bothered talking to her throughout.

Latest posts

Back