Pet hates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celene

Reaction score
What pet hates do you hairdressors have?Mine is people who bring thier kids in or get their fringe cut(because we dont charge)But dont actually get their own hair cut or coloured,As if your only good enough to do the kids!Hate that!!!

Ive got my own salon which is just me but I don't charge for fringe trims....it brings clients back, they always leave with a retail product ;) you've gotta turn these negatives into s positive, and the clients that bring their kids in are allowing you to earn more as a cut costs nothing! A colour costs...that makes sense?

^^^ Have exactly the same thing in our salon!!
Bloody cheek!
We have just decided we are going to put a £2 charge on fringe trims and put it in the cancer charity pot.
We are going to stick a notice t the desk area telling clients this!
Its like wondering into tesco,picking up a pre packed sandwich,feeding half of it to your child and wondering back out again lmao!!!

Also another big pet hate of mine is consistent no shows or late ones who breeze in the door after standing outside on their phone for 15 mins causing me to run late.When this happens and they make me wait 15 or so mins for them i explain il do as much of the hair cut/blo dry as i can untill my next lady comes in and then i will have to finish as i cant make all my clients late all day and run over!They dont often do the same thing again!
:wink2:

yea guys!Great idea!It just a bloody cheek at times!People can really take you forgranted at times!
I feel the nicer you are sometimes the more you get took advantage of!

Ive got my own salon which is just me but I don't charge for fringe trims....it brings clients back, they always leave with a retail product ;) you've gotta turn these negatives into s positive, and the clients that bring their kids in are allowing you to earn more as a cut costs nothing! A colour costs...that makes sense?

The parents who bring their kids into us have no intention of buying any retail,just want a quick fringe nip and off they go.We are on route to the local primary so makes it easy for them.
Even a fringe trim for children is still a service so should warrant some kind of token i think,although i never charge adults and regular clients for fringe trims as i believe you should look after your regular clients.x

Do you work mobile bluerinse or do you have your own salon?

The parents who bring their kids into us have no intention of buying any retail,just want a quick fringe nip and off they go.We are on route to the local primary so makes it easy for them.
Even a fringe trim for children is still a service so should warrant some kind of token i think,although i never charge adults and regular clients for fringe trims as i believe you should look after your regular clients.x

Do you work mobile bluerinse or do you have your own salon?

Got my own salon, by 3 schools, a college, hundreds of council building s

Wow Bluerinse!
Do you have other staff with you working?
We have 4 of us and we are mostly fully booked all the time so its time to try and find a new trainee.
Its a nightmare with having to leave clients to answer the phone,do the desk,clients coming in for retail,bills,tea and coffee etc,oh and cleaning it all up at the end of the day!:eek:

No just me, 8-6 everyday

I can't stand when a client lets their head move with the brush/comb!!! Don't know why but it drives me insane! Or when you tell them what appointments you have for the day for them to ask "have you nothing around blah de blah time?" argh lol x

Hate it when clients want their hair rid of any volume or movement with straighteners after asking for a choppy cut or even atall...not a nice look

Hate it when clients want their hair rid of any volume or movement with straighteners after asking for a choppy cut or even atall...not a nice look

I know it's hard to drum into people that poker straight isn't the best look out there. I feel like everyone has gotten far too straightener happy! X

Yeah actually people do use their straighteners too much, then wonder why their ends wont take colour. I dont really have to deal with annoying clients as the majority are friends or people i know through friends so theyre generally quite respectful. However, parents friends are a different story. One was an hour late they seem to think because Im just finishing college that they can piss about.

I hate when they try to TELL you what time you can do their hair! I know it's bad but I'll purposely be unavailable for the cheek of it. I'm not that bloody desperate for money lol xx

When they bring there kids and think our Apprentices are baby sitters and let them break everything and not have a worry in the world about them!!

Clients who obviously think you must be a little dim because your a hairdresser-it's few and far between I think these days evade our trade gets a lot more respect , but u get the occasional person who assumes you must be a bit slow!

Also (and I know everyone gives you advice on babies when your pregnant) just before I finished work a few weeks ago on my last Saturday I had a client TELL me- I had worked too late into my pregnancy, that I wasnt taking enough time off and that I didn't understand the sacrifices financially people make when they have kids....

....I oh so very politely told her tht it wasn't a case of giving up a holiday or buying new clothes-it was that I have rent and bills to pay!!!

Add to pet hate-clients who tell u how to live your life!

I hate it when clients don't come with money and only tell you they have none at the end of the service! They then say I will pop it in tomorrow... A week later and they finally decide to pay!

I hate it when clients don't come with money and only tell you they have none at the end of the service! They then say I will pop it in tomorrow... A week later and they finally decide to pay!

I know!!! You wouldn't get away with that at tescos lol x

Do you know what? I can cope with the kids fringes, i can cope with the odd late cancellation but what REALLY irks me, is people who move thier head about when Im foiling! For Crying Out Loud!! stop moving or you will have colour blobs and will undoubtedly blame ME for them!! I have taken to being fairly firm and holding their head still whilst I tell the "please KEEP STILL" .....you got scare people to get what you want....:biggrin: xx

I hate it when clients constantly move their heads to see what is going on in the salon, if the door goes, swivel, if the stylist next to me does something, swivel, if the phone goes, swivel. For gods sake KEEP STILL. Doesn't happen now I work from home just me and them eye contact in mirror and, no wait for it , their:smack: mobile rings.

when i worked in a barbers another girl there always had this little boy that was SO rude and knarky, he would constantly shout out OW, or that hurts and just go on with a stream of abuse to her the full time he was in the chair, he was about 7 and his mum would sit there reading her mag totally letting him get away with it!
i swore the first time i saw him that if i ever had the misfortune of cutting his hair i would warn him once to be nice and if he carried on then get him out of the chair mid haircut and tell his mum to bring him back to have it finished once she had taught him some manors, luckily i never did have to cut it :)

also people that cant sit still and constantly have to have their head put back for them drives me mad

Latest posts

Back