Petition for LIKE/THANKS button for Salon Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
I do hope im not breaking the rules here :|

I think we should have a like/thanks button for the obvious reasons of:

*Thanking people for their advice etc
* Liking what previous posters have said because its good advice

:green::green::green::green:

Comment on this to 'sign the petition'
Maybe The 'Top' Geeks can put one in for us

:hug::hug:

You can already do this by clicking on the green button on the right hand side of a posters comment, this then adds to the posters reputation and you can also leave your comments there. Likewise you can report anything to the mods that offends by using the red button.

We also have the possiblity of liking a thread, by clicking on the like button at the bottom of the last post.

lol.....okay might aswell take the thread down....im just not with it tonight :):)

I think you can rate a thread ,
And you can give rep points but these things seem to be missing from the mobile apps ,

Yes a like botton is not the same as the rep only the poster would no this, I think it's a great idea.

Yes a like botton is not the same as the rep only the poster would no this, I think it's a great idea.

So do I! I've often looked for the "like" button only to realise I'm not on fb lol!

The green rep button is fab, it means you can thank the person directly and they know who its from.....and they then in turn, can thank you personally for it.
The dislike button, in our case the red button, links direct to the Mod team, if they are any problems with a particular post, the Mod team can take care off it, but it remains anonymous, so there is no personal back lash.....
the thread rating is brilliant too, this rates the thread as to how helpful it has been on a given topic as a whole.....

HTH xxxx

How to check own reputation please?

Go to the top right hand corner of the screen where it says Welcome (then your name)next to it you will see settings, click it on.
scroll down to latest reputation received....

It would be great if we could add these facilities onto phone apps!! X

Go to the top right hand corner of the screen where it says Welcome (then your name)next to it you will see settings, click it on.
scroll down to latest reputation received....

Thanks, i earned 143 points ! wow :D

Please can we have a like button or equivalent? the green button has limited use, I would like to be able to 'like' someones comment individually but if i've pressed the green button too much for one member it tells me off and says I need to spread my love around a bit ( or words to that effect!:D) what if the particular member makes a lot of sense why shouldn't I 'like' them more often?:irked:

Is there a block button so I don't have to read what I feel are constant bitchy replies from someone a bit like the block function on FB?

Is there a block button so I don't have to read what I feel are constant bitchy replies from someone a bit like the block function on FB?

You can put people on your ignore list and then you dont see their posts.

If you see posts which break the site rules, please report them.

One thing which really does annoy us to a certain extent is the number of people who complain in secret about the bitchy replies to threads, but what do they do about it - nothing apparently. No one reports them, they just leave and complain on the likes of Facebook about how bitchy SG is.

We cannot always read every single thread so if you see something upsetting then report it and we will look into it and take the appropriate action.

This is your forum and you get out what you put in so help us to keep it nice, but still constructive.

Thank you,

I'll try ignore feature.

I don't want to report willy-nilly as I am a firm believer of not being able to read tone in text even though as hypocritical as this may sound, there are some comments which really cannot be taken any other way than rude and it's such a shame.

Lovely site that has taught me a lot, don't post much but I love to have a read and subscribe to threads as it's like a training manual for me when I need a quick bit of advice with something.

Just one or two people really spoiling it and their credentials show that they are very high-up/experienced in what they do so that really upsets me as we ALL had to start somewhere regardless of our background/bank balance etc x

Latest posts

Back