Petition Government #MakeBeautySafe: Make the unregulated beauty industry safer for consumers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFBS

Reaction score
BABTAC, with the support of other industry leaders including the British Beauty Council are working to campaign for change in government legislation.

Lesley Blair, Chair at BABTAC says, “we need accountability, we need regulation. Now more so than ever. With confusion around COVID safety measures, a clear code of conduct needs to be established to ensure safety of all those encountering the beauty industry – be it professionally or personally.

There are so many issues to contend with. From two-day courses selling themselves as reputable qualifications to unqualified practitioners administering injectables, without the means to deal with any complications should they arise. We need a government regulated standard across all areas of beauty. Without this standardisation, we will never be taken seriously as an industry and will continue to compromise consumer safety.”

Sign the petition and BABTAC will then send a letter to the government laying out the steps they are urging them to make.

https://www.change.org/p/government...itial&share_bandit_exp=message-25120649-en-GB

Just to clarify, this relates to U.K. government only

Have tried signing this so many times but it always says “session expired. Log in to try again”

http://chng.it/fnH8tjMbnB

don't know if this link works any better for you?
It's up to nearly 2000 signatures already :)
Still having the same problem, had the same happen on the Facebook link I saw too.
At least lots of people are signing it 🙂
Thanks anyway!

Have to admit some of my day courses have been more informative and useful to me than going to ‘that big name you think of’ beauty college just to be able to say level 3.

There needs to be something formal for those too. Like you have to pass an exam to get the certificate. Because I’ve been on some and I take every single thing seriously and for every person that takes it seriously there are plenty of others out there glueing eyelids together, using electric files, not patch testing, making our industry look bad and invalidating those certificates I worked hard for.

I saw this on Twitter yesterday, signed and shared.

It would be great to see a change, let’s hope it goes somewhere.

I’ve signed

I saw this on Twitter yesterday, signed and shared.

It would be great to see a change, let’s hope it goes somewhere.
Hi, do you remember where on Twitter you saw the petition?

Yes, it has been posted via the babtac Twitter feed.

Latest posts

Back