petrol and price of living

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
I dont know about any one else but we are certainly feeling the pinch

last week we received our electric and gas bill that came to £500.00 and my £10.00 a week i used to put in my car now only last 4 days!!!!!!

i have been doing over time at work for the first time in 3 years and even started selling things on ebay like my nails class book and other nail items i no longer use

spent all day yesterday looking for more thing lol

Is any one else seeing a difference in spending habits

Lisa xxxxxx

Deffo, ive had ro revise my shopping and start and buy own brands where possible.
Im now making more and more home baked items and freezing them as i cant afford to buy ready made.

Petrol is another bug bear, £20 a week covered my petrol but now its creaping up towards £30 a week . Hubby is concidering selling his car and car sharing as we cant afford to run 1 each at the moment.

Gas & elec have nearly doubled and its now costing me £50 a week to cover both and im doing all the usual energy saving things like full loads, economy, turning lights off, filling dishwasher right up, only boiling water i need for my drink, energy saving bulbs etc.

We dont drink and dont smoke and have no social life, never go out but we constantly tighten the purse strings.

Ive not sold much on ebay lately but have just sorted out all cj baby things like mamas & papas chair, moses basket, carry sling, steriliser etc and im going to sell them and try get some money back on them.

My gas and electric at home is on the pre pay meters, i used to be able to put £5 per week in each and it would last with a bit left over,
i am now putting in £20 per week in each and sometimes even that is not lasting, i am not home a lot and never use the central heating :rolleyes:
in my salon my electric bill used to be around £50 then it jumped to around £75 and the last bill was £99, gas and electric charges are really getting ridiculous and way beyond the means of most people :mad:

I think the goverment need to pull there bloody fingers out as the people that are on benefit havent had there benefits cut but i feel like i have taken a wage drop i really do

Gordon Brown if your reading this get your back side in gear and get some thing done or this country is going to go to the dogs

Come on geeks lets stand side by side and tell him ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

It certainly is when the speaker of the house of commons can use 1.4 million of our taxes to redecorate his westminister apartment!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT THE........ IS ALL THAT ABOUT .

Enough is ENOUGH....this country has gone down the pan.......the nhs is suffering cos we are suffocated as we have ALOT of people living here....

The cost of living has gone up sooo much that people cant afford to live.... yet mp's sit in there BIG houses and say we need more money from US....the people who work HARD to make ends meet .....let them live like us then they will see how dame hard it is.....

I would love to be a mp ...i would turn this world around......my mum and dad worked hard for us and i am finding it hard to do the same for my kids.....its DISGUSTING.

Yep, it's ludicrous, I've seen diesel at nearly £1.20 a litre in places! Will be investigating making my own bio-diesel at this rate!

i am totally with you on this , everything is increasing but wages dont go up in line with it, our poll tax went up 4% but dave only got a 2% pay rise , so its no wonder everyone is struggling , if everything goes up x % , everyone is gonna be bloddy skint

i cant wait to get out of this country !! at least in canada , the price in fuel goes up but.. it comes back down too :green: and its like $1 a litre which is half wot we pay !!

this country is gonna be a totall mess in 50 yrs, its gonna be on its knees :mad: which is a shame as it was once such a great country !

Yes we have definately felt the pinch, every year hubby has a pay increase, which we say 'great a little extra cash' but it never works out that way!
Petrol is extortionate, we put £30 a week iinto 2 cars (so £60), hubbies work is too far away for us to only have 1 car.

Water, electricity, food, council tax have all gone up and it seems to me that everyone is struggling to keep on top of it!!

Its a subject that tbh, really gets me down!

My kids go on base with my ex's wife....they can fill there car up for £15 :eek:....shopping is half the price of ours......when my kids are older they will have a pass that can get me on base so guess where i shall be doing my shopping....:green:

I no just how you all feel. I work 50 hours a week in my day job plus do nails on an evening and still only have around 200 pounds a month for fod petrol and me. I live on my own and have dne fr 5 years and I've never been so skint.

I've just had my gas and electric bill which I used to pay £40 per month for them (£20 each), the bills says they now want £126 per month. Where I'm going to find this extra from i really don't no. It's a very scary place to be in.

I haven't been out in over 3 years and I do all the cut backs I can. Even see food as a non necessity now. All my friends are in the same boat and we just stop in at each others houses all the time. We're only 24/25 I feel like I'm 85. My nana has a better social life than me.

The scary thing is..I work for a mortgage company during the day in the Litigation Department and for the 2.5 years Ive worked there there has never been so many evictions. The eviction team used to be 2 people to cope with the handful each day - now were a team of 7 dealing with 40+ evictions a day.

I'm dreading the end of my fixed rate on my mortgage next year - reall don't no what to do.

Sorry for the moan - couldn't stop once I got started. xxx

cant you shop round for a bettter deal hun ?

OMG I daren't even start on this subject or I'll rant for ever!

totally agree with all of you........ 4 new tyres cost me over £600! that had to come out of our quickly depleting savings (or lack of) tried shopping in aldi this week but some things dont seem to be much cheaper to me and some even more! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

skint again :irked:

I've just been on uswitch and sorted all my gas and electric problems out so that's worth a look. Only takes 5 minutes and is worth it if it's going to save us all money. Got a fab deal with eon. Check it out.

Can't wait til September when I'm 25 and hopefully my car insurance will reduce a bit

totally agree with all of you........ 4 new tyres cost me over £600! that had to come out of our quickly depleting savings (or lack of) tried shopping in aldi this week but some things dont seem to be much cheaper to me and some even more! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

skint again :irked:

Wow what are you driving that needs such expensive tyres? Think I paid about 30 quid per tyre the last time I needed one replacing but I went for "el cheapo" ones...

Latest posts

Back