Petrol charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel bell

Reaction score
Got a 20min drive to a customer who s wanting lashlift and tint with a free eye brow shape and tint (thats my current offer)
To be exact its 13miles from my house
Im doing this 1st time client a favour as she cant get to me, and i dont work mobile. I ve no idea what to charge for the petrol and having to go out to her...i was thinking an extra £7 petrol in total...is that too steep?

Does the client know that you will be adding a supplement for travelling to her?

Your petrol cost should be easy enough to work out from the mpg your car does. So you charge for petrol there and back + your travel time + a bit extra for wear on the car

Ask yourself, are you running a profit making business or just doing it as a fun hobby?
If it’s just a hobby then just add on a reasonable amount for your petrol costs and travelling time.

Is this a client that might become a regular?
Usually when working mobile, you’d have a maximum radius of say, 4 miles depending on whether you live in a town or more rurally. I think 13 miles is too far for it ever to become a profitable booking unless you can visit several other clients in roughly the same area.

Remember it's actually 26 miles, it's 13 there and 13 back.

As @CFBS says, you should know roughly what your car does to the mile and be able to work it out. I think the general calculation for business miles is 35p a mile (if you worked in an office and used your own car to get to a different site).

You have 2 costs here as noted above.
The first is the cost of fuel and the wear and tear to your car. But the biggest cost is the time-where you could have been generating income. In other words, this client is filling not just 1 slot but maybe 3 so your generating 1x income instead of 3 x income.
So price with that in mind.

Latest posts

Back