Phd jpod

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dally

Reaction score
Hi guys

do any of you use the PHD jpod?

Would you say this is sufficient enough for a mobile therapist, or too small and just good for learning?

Any advice would be appreciated!

ta!

I would say it is too small, if you need a second tube you have to wait for it to warm one up. You really need to use a new tube with each client because you may run out half way through and then need to wait again.

The full size unit is actually quite good for mobile therapists, can hold your strips in the heater to keep the space tidy.

If you are looking at this kind of system, I'd also look at rollers - you have a much better selection of waxes to choose from then. The Hive Mini Multi-Pro is good, three tubes on the go, nice compact size and it fits both 80g and 100g cartridges.

Mat

thanks Mat

I'm just confused, i was fixed on getting a roller system, then i keep hearing they are a little difficult to use in "nuts and cranys" ie around the knees and elbows...and not very hygenic etc

arghhhhh

i would say its to small i use australian body(tube system like phd) i do both mobile and salon i dont think i could cope with just 1 tube warming at a time.

We had to buy the Jpod in level 2 at college.
They were a nightmare!!!
Took forever to heat up!
They were that bad that not one of us were even asked to bring it in to college - the tutors just got us to use the full sized ones that college had!
Dont waste your money!

thanks for that... i won't bother!!

were the full sized ones any good then? do you still use that system now?

i use clean and easy and you can heat 3 large cartidges for legs, 1 medium for bikini and 2 small for facial. i love it as i do mobile. i couldnt do without it. you can clean the heads with the sterilisation fluid 'remove' before and after every client it needs to be hot to clean.

Hmm thanks for that, is that rollers? i was really set on using those, then someone put me off by saying everytime the head rolls through, any wax which has been on the clients skin, rolls back into the tube and can drop in causing contamination...sorry bit babbly, does that make sense...put me off a little?

The full sized PHD heater was actually quite good!
Phd is idiot proof to use... the application method is the easiest thing ever! And the hygiene concept is fab!

Latest posts

Back