PHD Safewax system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SalonMama

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I've recently acquired PHD Safewax system. I've watched their training DVD and have 20+ years experience with pot and spatula. Had training with roller systems but preferred pot and spatula.
Going to try PHD but have read some not so great reviews. Can one choose how much wax comes out the tube? How much wax does full leg take? Am a bit nervous to switch from what I know so well???
Thank you in advance for your opinions x

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I've recently acquired PHD Safewax system. I've watched their training DVD and have 20+ years experience with pot and spatula. Had training with roller systems but preferred out and spatula.
Going to try PHD but have read some not so great reviews. Can one choose how much wax comes out the tube? How much wax does full leg take? Am a bit nervous to switch from what I know so well???
Thank you in advance for your opinions x

Hi Salonmama,

I’ve been using PHD for years and love it. My advise would be to not squeeze too hard on the tube of wax as you’ll get too much coming out especially if the tube is full. You’ll get to grips with it and knowing how much pressure to apply, if you’re pulling the skin then you need to squeeze a little harder as it should just glide against the skin. Give it a go on a friend/family member first. As everyone is different sizes and amounts of hair to be covered I can’t give you the exact amounts. I would say half leg you should do that within one tube and a full leg 1.5 tubes. I don’t leave the tube I’m using up the shoot as it leaks! But I wedge a tube up there (with the lid on) with a folded wax strip so I have three tubes heating at one time. Good luck!

Hi Salonmama,

I’ve been using PHD for years and love it. My advise would be to not squeeze too hard on the tube of wax as you’ll get too much coming out especially if the tube is full. You’ll get to grips with it and knowing how much pressure to apply, if you’re pulling the skin then you need to squeeze a little harder as it should just glide against the skin. Give it a go on a friend/family member first. As everyone is different sizes and amounts of hair to be covered I can’t give you the exact amounts. I would say half leg you should do that within one tube and a full leg 1.5 tubes. I don’t leave the tube I’m using up the shoot as it leaks! But I wedge a tube up there (with the lid on) with a folded wax strip so I have three tubes heating at one time. Good luck!
Thanks Butterfly Kate I truly appreciate your advise. Do you find the wax goes hard after you've removed it from the heater. Or does it retain the temperature well to use on the half leg before needing to return to heater to remove wax? Sorry I'm nervous getting started with PHD. ;-)

Thanks Butterfly Kate I truly appreciate your advise. Do you find the wax goes hard after you've removed it from the heater. Or does it retain the temperature well to use on the half leg before needing to return to heater to remove wax? Sorry I'm nervous getting started with PHD. ;-)

You will need to keep putting it back into the docking as it does get hard quick-ish, depends how quick you apply it.

For example I would cover one lower front leg (below knee to ankle) then put back into heat whilst I’m using the strips. You’ll get used to it, just remember to keep putting it back to warm up. If it gets to cold the applicator head will get blocked up and cold so you’ll be having to change the head more than once.

Hi All,

Me again. I have just turned on my new PHD machine which I've had for a while but never used is it supposed to smoke from wax tube heater section only and smell like plastic initially?? I'm a little concerned....

You will need to keep putting it back into the docking as it does get hard quick-ish, depends how quick you apply it.

For example I would cover one lower front leg (below knee to ankle) then put back into heat whilst I’m using the strips. You’ll get used to it, just remember to keep putting it back to warm up. If it gets to cold the applicator head will get blocked up and cold so you’ll be having to change the head more than once.
Thanks Hon you're a star. Truly appreciate your tips and advise. Good luck starting tomorrow xx

Hi All,

Me again. I have just turned on my new PHD machine which I've had for a while but never used is it supposed to smoke from wax tube heater section only and smell like plastic initially?? I'm a little concerned....

Smoke? [emoji15] I hope not. It may smell a bit though, like some things do when new? Good luck tomorrow too x

Latest posts

Back