Phd Safewax System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi there

Has anyone used the Phd Safewax System, I'm thinking of buying it, but would like to know what you guys think please. Thanx guys.

Excellent System.

Good For Hygiene Reasons Would Not Recommend Anything Else.

Excellent System.

Good For Hygiene Reasons Would Not Recommend Anything Else.

I love it! I used the main machine at my old salon, and now use the jpod on myself and for mobile clients, I get on very well with it and clients really like it. It is expensive and I think that some product wastage occurs as you cant always get every last drop out of each tube, but I have never had any probs with the machines and I find it useful and compact. xx

I love the PHD system. It gives total peace of mind knowing that there is absolutely no cross contamination. I bought the whole trolley system and so everything is kept neatly together in one place and it really looks good. The support package is quite good too! Go and buy...you won't regret it!

Julieh

What is it about it that you think is so hygenic? Do you put a new head on for each client? I'm not really familiar with anything other than spatula and wax pot so i'm curious to learn. xxx

Yes You Use A New Head For Each Client, The Wax Is Squeezed Down A Tube Onto The Head

PHD also has a gate within the applicator, which prevents wax from going back into the tube as far as i know its the only system like this which does.

Oh brilliant, thanx so much guys, am off to order it now! You guys are brilliant, so much support for eachother - amazing. As a student I'm really grateful for all your advice! love Teresa xxx

i went to a beauty conference yesterday and there was a demo of PHD waxing and it looked fab, i think i'm gunna change to that system as it sounds so much more hygenic

i went to a beauty conference yesterday and there was a demo of PHD waxing and it looked fab, i think i'm gunna change to that system as it sounds so much more hygenic

I personally found it a little bit tricky to use at first - but then again I was the only therapist in the salon, so had no demos or anything just had to work it out with a dvd and this site for company! But now its second nature. As I have said before I dont think its particularly economical, but if you're a clumsy oaf like me it will suit you!

The wax application is precise and neat, so it's a bit of a cheaters thing really, actually I have never used the heads for eyebrows as I always use the little white disposable spatulas for this, has anyone here used the eyebrow heads? what did you think of them?

I have been using the egg pot tubes since I purchased them from the show. They look similar but they don't have a way of preventing the wax from flowing back into the tube. The only way I have thought of resolving this is to run some wax onto a strip after contact with the clients skin (a lot of wastage though) or to keep the tube for use only on that client?

I thought about the hive roller system too but surely the used wax is allowed to flow back into the cartridge this way too?

I have been using the egg pot tubes since I purchased them from the show. They look similar but they don't have a way of preventing the wax from flowing back into the tube. The only way I have thought of resolving this is to run some wax onto a strip after contact with the clients skin (a lot of wastage though) or to keep the tube for use only on that client?

I thought about the hive roller system too but surely the used wax is allowed to flow back into the cartridge this way too?

Yes the hive system allows the wax to flow back into the cartdridge. As far as I know the phd system is the only one that doesnt. I have a jpod (mini phd) which another beautiful geek sold to me, however new they are only about 30, which is quite reasonable really.

If anyone ever wants to come to lincoln and try out my phd machine before making a purchase, feel free to pm me xxxx

I think it is an excellent system and I have used tubes since leaving college.

If you buy the main package there is free training included I think if not I would certainly book on it as its like anything new if you don't complete the training you can't really complain if you have problems (not that im suggesting you would lol)

I actually changed from PHD to the Australian Bodycare System when I became self employed as I prefer a creme wax, but PHD have just bought some new creme waxes out which I have tried and they are lovely to.

Ellisons haven't quite got their act together with guys phoning up having purchased the PhD system and wish to use their training voucher. At least they hadn't when I spoke to them about waxing training last year. Very dissappointing really.

At the moment I use the PhD system, it was what I was trained in - we very quickly brushed over Pot & Spatula. Its good and effective at what it does, but i'm now wanting to try out traditional waxing to see how it compares and how the costs compare too. I find keeping the wax temp good a bit tricky and get really annoyed by the fact the unit doesn't have that most vital of features - an on off switch.

Saying that the new Natural waxes are very nice to work with and work well on my male clients.

Mat xx

Ellisons haven't quite got their act together with guys phoning up having purchased the PhD system and wish to use their training voucher. At least they hadn't when I spoke to them about waxing training last year. Very dissappointing really.

At the moment I use the PhD system, it was what I was trained in - we very quickly brushed over Pot & Spatula. Its good and effective at what it does, but i'm now wanting to try out traditional waxing to see how it compares and how the costs compare too. I find keeping the wax temp good a bit tricky and get really annoyed by the fact the unit doesn't have that most vital of features - an on off switch.

Saying that the new Natural waxes are very nice to work with and work well on my male clients.

Mat xx

The jpod version does have an on/off switch, however you're right the bigger unit does not! I tend to keep mine at about 8, temp that is. havent tried the new waxes out yet but have seeon good reviews on them so far!!

As well as PHD, Australian Bodycare are also another company that have the tube system (where the wax doesn't go back into the tube).

I use this and it is brilliant - they do the creme wax and honey 'clean & clear' wax and have a great range of 'high quality' tea tree products to support it and retail as aftercare.

i think they are ahead of the others when it comes to Hygienic Waxing as they've just launched a new Hot Wax heater which is single use and no risk of contamination as each client has fresh wax for her/his own personal use.

Thumbs up for me.....:)

hiya

could you tell me where you get this hot wax heater from & would you have to be using the australian body care tube system or have an account with them to be able to order from them.

i use the phd system & am quite happy with it but would also like to use hot wax on underarms & bikini areas as some people come in with very short hair & i think hot wax is great for this, & i like the sound of this heater as it keeps the emphisis on hygein.

if you have this heater how do you rate it, is there much waste left as i cant imagine getting the last of the wax with the spatula? is it a set temperature or can you change it?

hope you can help
sharez

Latest posts

Back