PHD wax pot over heating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
This is my second pot in 3 years that I've had to buy and now I think I'm going to need to replace this one! I've been keeping it on 4/5 for small waxes (eyebrows,lip etc) and I still feel its too hot so have to leave it lying out for a couple of mins. I did a patch test on my arm yesterday and burnt it so I know something's up! I don't feel that I should have to pay for another pot. I will call ellisons and see what they say... Does anyone use a similar system?

I would think that warranty would only be 12 months?
I don't know enough about phd wax systems so not sure about settings etc but would say if it's lasted over 12 months then there would have to be a known problem for the supplier to agree to replace it free of charge...

Thanks for reply! I need to go home and look out my receipt not sure exactly when I bought it! I've to send it to them and they can check if it's a fault on their part, don't have another wax pot though so might look into getting a different make.

Personally I like the hive heaters - I have a 500cc and 1000cc and I think a lot of people have 2 1000cc (one for hot and one for warm wax usually :) )
So far very happy with them LOL

Fab thanks I'll look into them! X

I keep mine on 7/8 and that seems to a perfect temperature in my room.

Definitely call Ellisons because that doesn't sound right at all.

I love my phd unit, could never go back to a pot and spatula, i'd be so slow!

Thanks Nikki that's what mine is usually so I think something is up, I'll give them a call on Monday x

Hi, I keep mine on 7/8 too and have had mine for four years without a problem. I would definitely call Ellisons, they might just replace it for you.

Latest posts

Back