PHD waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
Anyone use this wax? it sounds a good system? just not v environmentally friendly?

I used it many years ago but didn’t like it.

I had it years ago but it really wasn't cost effective. Great for legs but that's all. And the refills just worked out too expensive compared with other (better) waxes. It was also hard to get the temp consistent. Plus there are some really good roller wax systems out there now, which there weren't when Phd first came to the market.

I had it years ago but it really wasn't cost effective. Great for legs but that's all. And the refills just worked out too expensive compared with other (better) waxes. It was also hard to get the temp consistent. Plus there are some really good roller wax systems out there now, which there weren't when Phd first came to the market.

Can you recommend any good roller wax systems

Been out the business for a while not sure where’s the best place to research it all

I have used Phd wax at work for several years and I’m not really a fan of it. There can be a lot of waste product and not environmentally friendly with all the tubes and applicators, and I agree with Cathi44 that temperature is not always consistent.
I used roller wax in my previous job and that was easier to use, I think Hive probably do a roller system.

What do you use now? Also it’s not environmentally friendly using roller systems as far as I can work out??

We’re still using Phd wax, my boss has looked at other wax but not found anything she would like to change to.
I agree the roller wax systems aren’t very environmentally friendly either!
Personally, I use a pot and spatula at home and would use this method if I were to work for myself.

I use pot & spatula. I haven't found a roller system yet that doesn't 'drag' on the skin. I'm sure it's quicker but I prefer the pot. I'm Old Skool ! ;)

Thanks, everyone, appreciate your replies

back to research :)

Clean + easy is the best roller system- and I've used a few!
If wax is dragging then turn the heat up a smidge. Usually solves the issue.

Clean + easy is the best roller system- and I've used a few!
If wax is dragging then turn the heat up a smidge. Usually solves the issue.

Wow I used to use clean and easy many years ago! Not really moved much on then with waxing lol

I use Ashmira Botanica when I use a roller (which is not always - depends on the client) I also use it on myself and find it does a good job on my dark, reasonably coarse hair. I use a Depileve heater for it which I've never had an issue with.

Wow I used to use clean and easy many years ago! Not really moved much on then with waxing lol
The heater has changed a bit over the years but they now offer a really wide range of wax types & ingredients.
Pots of wax haven't changed either really over the decades
Basically something sticky attaches to hair and then it gets removed - Blame the Ancient civilisations for starting it all!! :p

The heater has changed a bit over the years but they now offer a really wide range of wax types & ingredients.
Pots of wax haven't changed either really over the decades
Basically something sticky attaches to hair and then it gets removed - Blame the Ancient civilisations for starting it all!! :p

Yeah didn’t mean the sticky bit lol

Latest posts

Back