Phew, thank goodness for that!! Nails breathing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
I turned the tv on a little while a go and caught the tail end of an interview with an actress from Cutting it (sorry didn't catch her name).... anyhoo, it turns out that she wore acrylic nails for 4 years, and they ruined her nails, but don't worry she has taken them off and they are now able to get the air directly on them and therefore breath again!!!! Phew :lol: . When will peeps realise that nails don't breath.

i think it'll take a while for people to catch on!!!

Well apparently not when they have acrylic on them :lol:
Oh yeah of course!

Because when the acrylic is soaked off it exposes the nails lungs......mmmmm.

Sorry getting silly now!:lol:

Oh yeah of course!

Because when the acrylic is soaked off it exposes the nails lungs......mmmmm.

Sorry getting silly now!:lol:

rofpmsl, that made me choke on my brew hun xxxx maybe she should have been wearing gel , cos of course its much kinder being that its not acrylic ahem .....

I turned the tv on a little while a go and caught the tail end of an interview with an actress from Cutting it (sorry didn't catch her name).... anyhoo, it turns out that she wore acrylic nails for 4 years, and they ruined her nails, but don't worry she has taken them off and they are now able to get the air directly on them and therefore breath again!!!! Phew :lol: . When will peeps realise that nails don't breath.

Well....just you email the programme and inform them of the facts!!!
I am sure they will put it on their website with an apology!!!

Is it just me....or did you see that flying pig there too????:lol:

Well....just you email the programme and inform them of the facts!!!
I am sure they will put it on their website with an apology!!!

Is it just me....or did you see that flying pig there too????:lol:
Or just send them a link to this thread!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Her name is Sian Reeves and she played a Nail Technician in Cutting it - I saw this too and thought - typical. I am surprised she didnt have the paramedics there with the paddles just in case they stopped breathing.

The thing that makes me laugh about these sort of stories, is that they have always worn enhancements for years (and loved them) and yet they have been perfectly alright all that time until they take them off!

Now I wonder why if they haven't been able to breath for 4 years why their fingers don't die and drop off! :rolleyes:

Her name is Sian Reeves and she played a Nail Technician in Cutting it - I saw this too and thought - typical. I am surprised she didnt have the paramedics there with the paddles just in case they stopped breathing.
PMSL, i saw this too and just saw red from her remark

I have sent an email - I wont hold my breath or my nails waiting for an answer LOL:

Hello,

I watched the piece with Sian Reeves this morning and was yet again appalled, but not surprised that here was another person who thinks nails have lungs.

I am a qualified, well educated nail technician and time after time after time I hear people slating nail enhancements as ruining your nails and having to take them off to let your nails breathe.

Just because someone has had a set of enhancements done and they have had damage to their natural nails, does not mean that all enhancements will do this - they need to find a better technician. If she had gone and had a poor haircut then would she brand all haircuts and hairdressers as poor.

It is about time that programmes like yours give a balanced view of the nail industry and stop giving incorrect, misleading information.

Regards
Fiona Barron
Natural Nails by Fiona Nail Technician Daventry Northampton

Now I wonder why if they haven't been able to breath for 4 years why their fingers don't die and drop off! :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing ... maybe they need the kiss of life :eek:

I was thinking the same thing ... maybe they need the kiss of life :eek:
:lol: Sass I can't think of a witty response to that :lol:

Fi - fingers crossed for an interesting reply :green:

ooh you go girl, i love that email fiona , well done you

<<<waiting with baited breath for the reply, wonder if my nails are holding their breath too, pmsl

:lol: Deep breath everyone:lol:

Why don't these same people take their hair color off so that their hair can breathe???? Isn't it much the same???

I have sent an email - I wont hold my breath or my nails waiting for an answer LOL:
Well Done Fiona, I look forward to finding out if they respond to you xx

Good response Fi.
Mine are finding it hard coping with an inhaler on each finger.

Latest posts

Back