Phorest schedule system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexi :)

Reaction score
Hi there . I'm considering taking on phorest for my business. Has anyone used it? What do u use and what would u recommend. I'm a new business but been in the industry about 20 years. Decided to go for it. I currently use set more.which is ok while I'm on my own but I want to get ready for when I take staff on. All comments appreciated.

I use Shedul in my salon with three staff members. Its absolutely fantastic, so easy to use, has an app, sends reminder texts to customers and its 100% FREE!!
I have been using it for almost three years now and still haven't found a catch!

We've used ovatu for about 4 years now. I looked at phorest and the start up was so expensive. I decided to try ovatu and if it had too many glitches or didn't work for my business I'd move to phorest. Still with ovatu.

Vic x

I use Shedul in my salon with three staff members. Its absolutely fantastic, so easy to use, has an app, sends reminder texts to customers and its 100% FREE!!
I have been using it for almost three years now and still haven't found a catch!
I already use shedul and because I use an tablet it doesn't work right for my needs unfortunately but thanks for the input xxx

We've used ovatu for about 4 years now. I looked at phorest and the start up was so expensive. I decided to try ovatu and if it had too many glitches or didn't work for my business I'd move to phorest. Still with ovatu.

Vic x
Ovatu, I'll check that out thanks xx

Please look into Timly - I am in the process of opening a business. So far Timly looks good to me and they are UK based - however it’s fairly expensive for a start up business

I already use shedul and because I use an tablet it doesn't work right for my needs unfortunately but thanks for the input xxx

Hi,

I'm interested in your comment about using Shedul on a tablet and it not working right.

What issues have you experienced?

Is the tablet iPad or Android?

Look forward to your response.

I'm on Phorest. I switched over from something else which stored data on my computer (which was much cheaper). That system wasn't very stable after windows updates and occasionally crashed wiping my data.

I decided that I wanted a cloud based system. Phorest offered a decent discount off the set up cost as an incentive to switch systems and a spread payment arrangement which I could just about afford.

What's good about Phorest is you can create lots of different reports and you can manage your business much more efficiently. You can set it up on iPads and phones and multiple computers. (It uses a lot of data.)

We have several refurbished iPads in the salon and have one in a treatment room so that we can amend a booking if we cross or upsell - and check instantly to see if we have space in our column. We can also check out a payment and add retail sales. It's great being able to scan a bar code with our iPad camera. We can also upload client before and after photos, check their service notes and product purchase history very easily. It really helps you to deliver great customer aftercare.

I didn't realise how much Phorest would help my business grow but after I bought it I had a big increase in business. Within 3 months of using Phorest I had to recruit a part-time receptionist because we were so busy.

I can't comment on other systems because I didn't really look into alternatives - I get great support from Phorest. Next month I'm going to a Sustainability Conference that they've set up. They offer pod casts and blog posts with business tips and ideas which I really enjoy reading. And I get a weekly report with KPI's which helps me stay focused.

Phorest is very popular with some of our salon owner clients (we’re their accountant). Phorest isn’t truly cloud but I spoke to Phorest last week and they say a cloud based version is imminent.
It is the most expensive of all the systems but does have a lot of advanced features and works well.

Our other clients use Schedul (which we think is great and is being continually developed).

Some use Timely and I met their UK head of operations recently. They also have plans to expand in the uk.

Ovatu is popular (as been said above). And Booksy looks interesting as it has built in SEO. We spoke to them recently and they explained a lot about their system. Very interesting.

There’s others too, like SalonIQ and Shortcuts for example.

I think a lot of it is down to personal preference and how advanced you need it’s features to be.

Hi, can clients book appointments themselves without Fresha Plus?

Hi,

I'm interested in your comment about using Shedul on a tablet and it not working right.

What issues have you experienced?

Is the tablet iPad or Android?

Look forward to your response.
It's android. If to be blocked out time you can't take it back off without going into a laptop.

Does anyone know of a schedule system that also keeps client records/consultations included?

Does anyone know of a schedule system that also keeps client records/consultations included?

We use Phorest at the moment and it keeps all records and consultations for clients inside their profile. It's very good and can be accessed on tablet or PC :)

Latest posts

Back