Photo Finish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just getting back into the groove and catching up on things since my education trip in Finland. What a fantastic time I had, fab group of folks.

Whelp... I have finally decided to hook up the Geek Gallery for posting pics. You can access it from clicking Site Stuff->Geek Gallery.

Registered users can upload up to 100k and [thread=2746]Premium Geeks[/thread] can upload upto 10 meg.

You can rate and comment on pics, browse by user, or by section.
One other cool feature is the ability to pop a picture into your thread from your album. To do this, click the

My Photos
[Select]
Link while creating a new message and a popup box will appear with all of your gallery pictures that you can then insert into your post.

like this:
1bill.jpg
Woohoo aint that cool ;)
nJoy

thank you sam it is very cool, much appreciative of all the gadgets and gizmos you add to the mix to keep it fun!!

How do I make my own gallery with photos??? I'm not a Premium Geek though.

Thanks

You just need to click the Upload Images button and the gallery is created for you ;)

Where is that, I can't find it?

Sorry!

look for the upload images link:

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 111
hi sam

i'm new and obviously being really dense - where is the upload image? on what page?

lol Caz xx

Carole Lindsay said:
hi sam

i'm new and obviously being really dense - where is the upload image? on what page?

lol Caz xx

Hiya Caz,
Just click on site stuff 2nd from left top of this page, Then off the list click geek gallery.
Once in there you will see upload photo link in the top right corner of the page.
Hths

I only have home, search, profile & log out. I haven't got admin or upload images??

i only have Home search my profile logout

as well

You guys are logged in and dont have the site stuff menu?
What browser are you using?

Yeah logged in & have the site stuff menu but once in geek gallery only have the 4 options stated not 6 like your pic showed us. So I can get in & look at others photos but don't have the button to add my own (or the admin button).

Um, browser???

Right, just rang my friend & she said the microsoft explorer browser on windows xp - does that sound about right??

Pinkies! said:
Yeah logged in & have the site stuff menu but once in geek gallery only have the 4 options stated not 6 like your pic showed us. So I can get in & look at others photos but don't have the button to add my own (or the admin button).

Um, browser???

Right, just rang my friend & she said the microsoft explorer browser on windows xp - does that sound about right??

Me too... I'm not a premium geek either and when I go into the gallery I only have those four options. On the left I have My Gallery and My Favourites but no upload option.... I've tried going into My Gallery and still there is no upload option.

I too use Windows Internet Explorer and XP.

Sorry Sam... another headache for you!:cry:

How about now?

Yeay, it works!!!

But my pic was too big, how do I make it smaller?

wooppeeee! Yeah I've got the option there now!! Thanks!:biggrin:

Right, I've managed to post a pic but I had to crop it right down to one finger to get the kb's down. How do I get reduce the size without cropping - or am I just making that up?!?!

use a photo editing program.......i got microsoft picture editor...... reduce the size either in % or pixels..................
reduce the whole picture rather then croping it....................
Resize it............
HTH

Hey Ruth,

I just tried that but when I resized it so it would just fit, it was really blury??

resize and keep aspect ratio.............. that means keeping the piccie nice and clear.........
there should be a box you tick or the option shouldbe there somewhere on resizing......
which editing program are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back