Photo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyella

Reaction score
HI

Can some one tell me how i can add a piccie of myself next to my name please.
Benn looking but cant find out how to do it

thanks
kelly

You have to put it in your gallery then once it's there go into Quick Links and Edit Avatar and then go to where it says "upload an avatar from your computer" and click on browse, find the photo and voila!

oooooo sounds comlicated dont think i will bother.LOL

Kelly

Thanks anywayx

Hunny, i promise you its easy - just follow the steps that i put and it will happen!

^You don't even have to put it into the gallery, you can just upload it from the change avatar screen which you will find a link to if yougo in to the private message facility. Believe me I spent all week end trying to suss this out and hardest part was altering the size of my pic !

nails@42ndstreet said:
^You don't even have to put it into the gallery, you can just upload it from the change avatar screen which you will find a link to if yougo in to the private message facility. Believe me I spent all week end trying to suss this out and hardest part was altering the size of my pic !
You do make me laugh, Cathie! Thanx for correcting me: its so long since i did mine i cant remember obviously!! :o

Right......ok.........call me stupid! I still can't figure it out!!! How do you know how big your file is? How do you make it smaller if need be?.........please help

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Right......ok.........call me stupid! I still can't figure it out!!! How do you know how big your file is? How do you make it smaller if need be?.........please help

Adele

Right Adele, If youv'e got software on your computer for resizing photos e.g adobe photo shop.
Press browse in your photo software, You then press edit it will give different options, one of these is resize image. You then type in the size you want the picture to be (70x70 pixels for an avater), The picture will be resize, press the save button and save it in your documents.

Next come onto this site press quick links, Then edit avtar. At the bottom of this page is an option to add your photo, Press the browse button and select the photo that you have resized. Press save changes at the bottom of the page. Fingers crossed your photo should appear.
Hths

lesley1965 said:
Right Adele, If youv'e got software on your computer for resizing photos e.g adobe photo shop.
Press browse in your photo software, You then press edit it will give different options, one of these is resize image. You then type in the size you want the picture to be (70x70 pixels for an avater), The picture will be resize, press the save button and save it in your documents.

Next come onto this site press quick links, Then edit avtar. At the bottom of this page is an option to add your photo, Press the browse button and select the photo that you have resized. Press save changes at the bottom of the page. Fingers crossed your photo should appear.
Hths
Thanks Lesley.........followed all your instructions (which have taken me a step forward!), but am now being told that the file is too big 'must be 70x70 pixels'......but this is what I'm doing 70 x70 cm pixels (file is about 25kb) how can I reduce it more?

Many thanks for your patience!!
Adele:rolleyes:

Peppercorn Nails said:
Thanks Lesley.........followed all your instructions (which have taken me a step forward!), but am now being told that the file is too big 'must be 70x70 pixels'......but this is what I'm doing 70 x70 cm pixels (file is about 25kb) how can I reduce it more?

Many thanks for your patience!!
Adele:rolleyes:

Hiya Adele,
Right the photo should be sized to 70x70 pixels or 19.5kb which ever is smaller, so resize again and try reducing the pixel size to 60x60. It should work once you have it down to 19.5 kb.
Hths

Thank you, thank you for this thread!!!! :biggrin:

Lesley if it wasn't for you I would still be sitting here well into next week to try and upload an avatar!!!! Great intructions!!!! So big :hug: 's!!!!

Thank-you to everyone for this thread, I too have been trying to figure out how to put a photo on here! But, oh my god, what a pain it was, I think I re-sized the photo about 20 times til it was right!!!! Anyway, to be honest, I only really posted so I could see what it looked like! Hee! Hee!

Samoyed said:
Thank-you to everyone for this thread, I too have been trying to figure out how to put a photo on here! But, oh my god, what a pain it was, I think I re-sized the photo about 20 times til it was right!!!! Anyway, to be honest, I only really posted so I could see what it looked like! Hee! Hee!

:lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL!!!!, I only wanted to see what mine looked like as well!!! I agree, what a pain to do......took me hours and it's still not 100% clear but at least it's there!!!!

Corrrr that was an effort, just did mine, I'm not the most computer literate person lol

I look blurry lol

By the way, this pic is of my little baby!!! My little Samoyed puppy (for those of you that wondered what my name meant, now you know!), isn't he cute!!!!

I think I'm gonna post all the time now, just to see his little face on the screen!

Latest posts

Back