Photographing nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
do you use your cameras or your phones / ipad? I see such gorgeous pics from some of you they are so clear and the shine on shellac comes through really well. Don't seem to be able to get a good pic when using my ipad x

I phone. 5! Camera on my iPad is shocking x

iPhone 4S with HD on :)

Leely x

Samsung Galaxy S3

iPhone 4S. How do I turn HD on?? xx

iPhone 4S. How do I turn HD on?? xx

When you have camera open on phone in screen there should be options in the middle at the top click on that and then click HDR, it will take 2 photos one that is HDR and one that is not x

Leely x

Don't want to hi-jack this thread - I am sure OP Tiggs will also be interested to know .... how do you get the sparkle effect to show when photographing glitter? Have been asking everyone I know. A friend downloaded an app for it but it didn't work. x

I looked this up before & a lot of people use light boxes, they are apparantly easy enough to make & the pictures turn out very proffessional.
Just google how to make them or search youtube, seem cheap enough to make aswell, win win :) also heard natural light is the best to take photos in.

Don't want to hi-jack this thread - I am sure OP Tiggs will also be interested to know .... how do you get the sparkle effect to show when photographing glitter? Have been asking everyone I know. A friend downloaded an app for it but it didn't work. x

Kirakira cam for iPhone.

I was using my I pad but it always look like the nails I did was dull so I started using my I phone 4 and its got a flash so picks up the shine and glitter now. The I pad is bad for its camera though its a god send for other thing. X

I use my DSLR mostly but even with that I cannot capture the sparkle from Swarovski Crystals.

It's so frustrating.

I couldnt find the sparkle app on my samsung galaxy :(
Does anyone know of one for android?

I have the camera + app for my iPhone. I got this after someone recommended it on one of the threads. I love it.

Thanks ladies! Looks like I need to upgrade my phone

I used to use my phone (S3) or my tablet (Galaxy Tab) but now use our proper camera. All I know is that it's a digital one and I did read on here that a photographer suggested bypassing the macro setting for just zooming in instead.
I have my clients drape their hands over my covered nail pillow thing and I bring my working lamp down over their hands and point and shoot! I have tried with and without flash and prefer without but still want to get them brighter, like either Darling Digits or DBD.

I used to use my phone (S3) or my tablet (Galaxy Tab) but now use our proper camera. All I know is that it's a digital one and I did read on here that a photographer suggested bypassing the macro setting for just zooming in instead.
I have my clients drape their hands over my covered nail pillow thing and I bring my working lamp down over their hands and point and shoot! I have tried with and without flash and prefer without but still want to get them brighter, like either Darling Digits or DBD.

Snap! The photos that DD and DBD produce are fantastic. I'd love to get the same. We need them to comment lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check out this little site. It has some good tips and advice on how lighting affects your picture and how to make and use a light box. I have used some of the tips from this and have managed to get some great shots of some of the nails I do. I use my little Fuji finepix camera as my phone camera isn't really good enough to get good colour and definition.

Chalkboard Nails: Nail Photography Basics (Part I)

hth xx

Snap! The photos that DD and DBD produce are fantastic. I'd love to get the same. We need them to comment lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes hope they comment and let us into their secrets. I keep trying to reproduce pictures as bright and sharp as theirs. It's not happening :( x

Latest posts

Back