Picked up me brush again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toodles

Reaction score
Well, I've finally picked up me brush again now that I've finished my man/ped course and can start wearing overlays again (till i start my beauty course in January that is!!). I managed to do a set of L&P's (pink and white) on myself at the weekend. It took me H.O.U.R.S.!!! They don't look too bad, if I must say so myself - at a distance that is. But seriously, one thing I'm still finding (from day 1) is I'm still working too wet (bear in mind I haven't done anything for at least 3 months). I'm using the brush that came in the kit (pro styler), but after reading a thread about brushes, would it help if I had the Ultra Sculptor? (or better still - a broom!!). :irked:

Hi Jeni!

I would think if you are using a pro styler too wet then you run the risk of working even wetter with the Ultra Sculptor as it has the capacity to hold more liquid, how far are you immersing the brush into the liquid each time? there is a chance you could be holding too much liquid in the brushes belly which is 'escaping' once the product is placed and you begin to pat.. J xx

Thanks JoJo. DOH!! That makes perfect sense - bigger brush - even MORE liquid. That was a no-brainer - I've got a head cold and brain is NOT working!

I think I'm obsessed with keeping my brush clean which means I've constantly got too much liquid in the belly. Oh what a vicious circle.

I'm just about to post my Part 1 tutorial on Product control which is about how to achieve the correct Mix ratio .... look out for it in Premium Geeks tutorials.

JoJo is right it is not your brush and the U. Sculptor is not your answer. Learning how to get it right every time with which ever brush you use IS the answer.

Take a look.

Thanks Geeg, I'll look out for it.
Jeni

Don't worry Jeni getting the correct ratio is one of the hardest things to learn, you eventually get 'an eye' for it and know instinctively when it is right or wrong. I'm sure it's the thing we all get wrong and I know if I leave my brush for a while when I come to pick it back up I have to have a few practice pick ups to remind myself!

J x

Latest posts

Back