Picking the right styling products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah1996x

Reaction score
I am just about to kick my business into action and have been looking for the best products to use before I blowdry, at the moment the salon I'm in only uses Moroccanoil so I have been very sheltered from the life of varied styling products. As much as morrocan oil smells amazing, I very rarely feel it helps me get a better/bigger blowdry. I have been looking at bedhead by Tigi and Fudge. Does anyone have any experience with these or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Leah xx

I am just about to kick my business into action and have been looking for the best products to use before I blowdry, at the moment the salon I'm in only uses Moroccanoil so I have been very sheltered from the life of varied styling products. As much as morrocan oil smells amazing, I very rarely feel it helps me get a better/bigger blowdry. I have been looking at bedhead by Tigi and Fudge. Does anyone have any experience with these or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Leah xx

I love TIGI products, they smell amazing! Every client seems to ask what brand they are.

If you're looking for volume, the TIGI Bed Head Motor Mouth is what I'd recommend. It also has a shine to it, which is really nice! :)

I love TIGI products, they smell amazing! Every client seems to ask what brand they are.

If you're looking for volume, the TIGI Bed Head Motor Mouth is what I'd recommend. It also has a shine to it, which is really nice! :)

Motor mouth and straighten out are the only products i feel do anything from TIGI honestly... I feel the rest just smell nice and thats the only thing good about them. I feel like TIGI have focused on smell so much that they've forgotten what the products about. Just my opinion.

Quite like the tigi one for smoothing and straightening. Orange bottle and blur lid. Also have superstar and the one in bottle shaped same as small talk but it's yellow colour. (Can't believe I don't mind the names lol) both good for volume. I also use the osis blow out spray. And love osis sparkler.

Quite like the tigi one for smoothing and straightening. Orange bottle and blur lid. Also have superstar and the one in bottle shaped same as small talk but it's yellow colour. (Can't believe I don't mind the names lol) both good for volume. I also use the osis blow out spray. And love osis sparkler.

Yeah the orange one with blue lid is straighten out!

Yeah the orange one with blue lid is straighten out!

Lol thanks Cams . Having a bad day today and can't think straight.

Love fudge, Tigi deffo a No no it is in our local Home bargains along with there styling products now at £5 an item, such a shame as it was a great brand once, i love Big hair in Fudge the push it up spray is excellent

Thats not sold to them by tigi its old stock/ out of date.

at this price though ? the new pro range litre sizes at £10 each or 2 for £17

Nooo it'll be out of date and sold to home and bargains... Thats what they do with tj hughes as well...

Or its fake but i'm pretty sure thats illegal.

I was having the same decision recently I've used tigi in a previous salon smell great not bad results we used to retail the shampoos and conditioners but didn't use them at the backwash as the owner didn't rate them (used redken) I think the brand has been devalued and is not seen as it once was due to discount retailers selling it. As for fudge I liked the few products I've used as was close to taking them on as a company.

I'd leave tigi well alone as said above its sold in bargain shops everywhere, have you considered goldwell? I was a Schwarzkopf fan (osis) for years then tried out osmo because it was cheap, the shampoo is lush but styling isn't, I switched to goldwell & I love it now

I don't like any of the tigi shampoos etc. I just have couple of styling products that I like. Not been overly impressed with wella eimi range, can't go past osis for some things and thinking of trying the Davines range for the craic

I don't like any of the tigi shampoos etc. I just have couple of styling products that I like. Not been overly impressed with wella eimi range, can't go past osis for some things and thinking of trying the Davines range for the craic

I like eimi tbh; i love all the sp range in wella.

Think out of the box ,I used tigi for 17 years then went over to label m
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457564637.669837.jpg
this product is amazing its dry shampoo and hairspray combined and is there best seller

I like eimi tbh; i love all the sp range in wella.

Haven't used sp since I left Belfast salon few years ago but I loved it!! Was sp consultant for the salon!

Think out of the box ,I used tigi for 17 years then went over to label m View attachment 195017 this product is amazing its dry shampoo and hairspray combined and is there best seller

I've seen this brand popping up a fair bit recently. Looks interesting. Where do you get it?

We get it directly from them , we have a rep you also get points to put towards incentives and training

Just remembered there's a supply place in Belfast has it. Might pop round if I can be arsed walking over on lunch later. Rep showed me before but was initially put off by prices. Unsure if clients up here would buy.

It comes from Toni & guy not tigi their two different companies

I've been using tigi for a few years already, it smells great and it works too

Latest posts

Back